Yellow | Knoxville shooting

so what happens to this mans wife. Does she get his pension if he has one? 65 years old , thats a helluva way to end your career when a retirement should just be starting. Very sad Rip driver
65 yrs old ??? Why don't people seemly retire instead of trying to get that last extra penny ? More to life then 60-70 toxic hours a week ! And very sad my condolences to the family .

i blame yellow mgmt, they create a environment where words like "kamala" can be said around african american employees, it was a really awkward experience for me to have a operations manager say kamala 60 times a day at a 8 to 9 decibel and the expressions on black coworkers faces seemed very borderline ⓇⒶⒸⒾⓈⓉ, imagine if one of those black coworkers of mine did not really like the context that word was being said, oh boy could have been a bad time, i blame management for not being trained to be professionals, they show up to work like a punch of overpaid punks, i felt it was a unsafe working environment at that point because one of the reactions of some new hire could have went differently where i would be witness to some potential incident where i would be some kind of witness to a police report, see people do not think this till it actually happens and then they ask the questions, let's just hope people are careful with their choice of words because people react differently to situations where they are being harassed, well i feel much safer now not working there because of toxic people who get away with harassing their employees
It was two grown men in the parking lot not management. No one knows the whole story that will be decided by the district attorney if charges are filed. But to kill someone over a run is stupid

It was two grown men in the parking lot not management. No one knows the whole story that will be decided by the district attorney if charges are filed. But to kill someone over a run is stupid
Unless he started beating on him?
If it was truly self defense? If they have cameras pointed that way it would help a lot I imagine.

Hey Seabreeze, it makes a big difference if he was retired or still working! If retired his wife would only collect on the agreement they made. Hence; 50%-75%-100%. If he was still working then it’s usually a life insurance plan through his local H&W PLAN. I know of two drivers wives that were paid $10 grand! That’s it! What a shame(sham)! I’ve asked for years why the IBT hasn’t come up with a plan to cover this gray area. Say $250,000.00 at group rates? Nobody thinks this kind of crap will happen to them. But it does happen! And all to often the survivors get screwed!
Nope, strictly 50%, no 75%, no 100%
If you were still working, you wouldn't be retired.
We were not allowed to work at any Teamster-related job after retirement.
This had nothing to do with insurance.
This was in the Carolinas.

After age 70-1/2 you could work anywhere you wanted when retired, Teamster or not.

A57FABA0-0645-450F-9780-C4BCE457F2C1.md.jpg
If he was under the Central States plan. The above would apply.
I wonder if it would be affected if the DA finds the other guy was using self defense and the dead guy actually committed a crime? I got the impression from the second article that the police did not press charges, it said they turned it over to DA. If the guy shoots his coworker and they don't lock him up you have to think self defense? Or am I missing something?

Ok. Understood. Every pension plan is different. Just like all the different h&w plans. In New England we also have BORDER Restrictions for retirees. So your allowed to work from New Jersey south and Pennsylvania west! New York and parts of Canada that border New England states are not allowed! Some drivers have drawn their New England pension after moving out of the restricted area. Thus having a pension payment while they continue a driving career!

Ok. Understood. Every pension plan is different. Just like all the different h&w plans. In New England we also have BORDER Restrictions for retirees. So your allowed to work from New Jersey south and Pennsylvania west! New York and parts of Canada that border New England states are not allowed! Some drivers have drawn their New England pension after moving out of the restricted area. Thus having a pension payment while they continue a driving career!
When PIE folded we had a guy retired with 20 yrs and started drawing his pension.

He started driving for Dillards, after 2 yrs he was caught and had to repay the 2 yrs.
He did manage to retire with 30 at Holland.