Yellow | Komatsu vs Toyota

DrKnipe

TB Lurker
Credits
Do any of you have Komatsu forklifts? Our barn brought Toyota in a few years ago. One Komatsu left. I like the old lift better. Just curious

The Toyota forks , you can hook up at jumper wire on the left side of motor to make em go 15% faster , but mirrors not as good as Komatsu’s ones , but rather have speed over mirrors !
867b793165b4cd71701edcb33bca116b.jpg
DISCLAIMER : , this was done at skilled Iowa training course , Do Not try this at home or dock !!!:6788:

All I know is the Toyota are tougher. For a little longer
Easier to get off and on. They both got beat to ::shit:: with all the abuse.

All I know is the Toyota are tougher. For a little longer
Easier to get off and on. They both got beat to **** with all the abuse.
I recall having a lengthy discussion with TM about safely dismounting. I explained that sliding off was actually safer than handle and steering wheel grabbing in reverse order of mounting. DM was visiting one day and wanted to write me up for ‘unsafe’ practices. TM defended my position.
Regarding mirrors, last contract allowed for installation, but has not been implemented at my barn due to disagreement on size and location.
As long as it runs, stops, doesn’t leak fluids and has at least 60 inch forks, I’m happy.

The older Komatsu's were tougher then the newer ones(2006 and up).
Toyota's are good motors but everything on them is more expensive like $52 for a distributor cap vs $4 and $559 for a propane regulator vs $49 surprisingly the brake shoes and wheel cylinders are the same part........................but cost more from Toyota

When I did a lot of outbound stacking I thought the Komatsu were easier to get on and off of. Roadway in their wisdom didn’t buy side shift. Yellow always has bought Toyota with side shift and much easier to put the freight where you want it. Haven’t driven a Komatsu for years.

I recall having a lengthy discussion with TM about safely dismounting. I explained that sliding off was actually safer than handle and steering wheel grabbing in reverse order of mounting. DM was visiting one day and wanted to write me up for ‘unsafe’ practices. TM defended my position.
Regarding mirrors, last contract allowed for installation, but has not been implemented at my barn due to disagreement on size and location.
As long as it runs, stops, doesn’t leak fluids and has at least 60 inch forks, I’m happy.
I can file a grievance on your behalf for the mirror disagreement?

I can file a grievance on your behalf for the mirror disagreement?
It’s curious that it’s not a national grievance. Any unit not up to specs should be deadlined until safety parameters are met. That would toss a spanner in the gears.

There is a size and location spelled out in campaign instructions to install the mirrors. I did install them at least a year ago if not longer.

There is a size and location spelled out in campaign instructions to install the mirrors. I did install them at least a year ago if not longer.
I will have my garage tech follow up on that at 05:00 in the morning, @309.

I like the Komatsu for lower center of gravity. Toyota feels like it will tip on a quick turn, and some have that goofy tiny steering wheel

60” forks? Shish kebab much?