Yellow | Komatsu vs Toyota

I recall having a lengthy discussion with TM about safely dismounting. I explained that sliding off was actually safer than handle and steering wheel grabbing in reverse order of mounting. DM was visiting one day and wanted to write me up for ‘unsafe’ practices. TM defended my position.
Regarding mirrors, last contract allowed for installation, but has not been implemented at my barn due to disagreement on size and location.
As long as it runs, stops, doesn’t leak fluids and has at least 60 inch forks, I’m happy.
Should have had a Snickers.

I never understood the mirrors being taken off.
They didn't care no matter how much we said they were a very important satey item.
I have a good friend whose leg was almost ripped in two because the mirror wasn't on them anymore.
I won't go into it. But he had a disability retirement at 58. It was bad.
They still didn't put the mirrors back on.

I like Hyster for comfort. They’re not practical for LTL freight. The Toyota’s and Komatsus are more agile and compact in design.

I miss pallet jacks and dragline carts. :biglaugh:
We got new Hysters in 93 at Preston. Too much "free travel/drift" after releasing the brake before reacting for me. I found that dangerous in an LTL trailer where an inch could cause a freight avalanche and get someone hurt. I chose to drive an old 1970s Clark (by the way, Clark is now owned by Crown) that had no cage because it reacted well. When i got to Yellow, I found Toyota were the best, safest, and most comfortable I had ever been in.

I like Hyster for comfort. They’re not practical for LTL freight. The Toyota’s and Komatsus are more agile and compact in design.

I miss pallet jacks and dragline carts. :biglaugh:
We had one crazy guy at Yellow Indy that always raced his Toyota to the max. Well- several did, actually. He went into a turn on our wet dock, hit the old dragline track, slid on the wet concrete, and slid sideways into the terminal electrical fuse box. Knocked out power to the terminal. Actually welded part of the lift to the fuse box. I have no idea why it didn't kill him, but he walked away just shook up.

We had one crazy guy at Yellow Indy that always raced his Toyota to the max. Well- several did, actually. He went into a turn on our wet dock, hit the old dragline track, slid on the wet concrete, and slid sideways into the terminal electrical fuse box. Knocked out power to the terminal. Actually welded part of the lift to the fuse box. I have no idea why it didn't kill him, but he walked away just shook up.
We had a guy drove like that. I told him one rainy night that I didn’t much care how he drove, I’d steer clear. But, if I had to explain to his wife & kids why he was badly hurt or worse, I wasn’t gonna lie.

We got new Hysters in 93 at Preston. Too much "free travel/drift" after releasing the brake before reacting for me. I found that dangerous in an LTL trailer where an inch could cause a freight avalanche and get someone hurt. I chose to drive an old 1970s Clark (by the way, Clark is now owned by Crown) that had no cage because it reacted well. When i got to Yellow, I found Toyota were the best, safest, and most comfortable I had ever been in.
I guess I'm the rookie after reading you guy's posts.
I've owned a 955 Cat, 450 J.Deere loader, and 2 backhoes but never had my butt on a forklift.

I wish I was allowed to say the Toyotas were the best forklifts ever..... But I'm not allowed to say it- one of my Sons is an Area Service Manager for Crown Forklift Co.
I have never owned or will I own a personal vehicle from a foreign mfg. I will say though without a doubt if I was a purchasing person for a company the only forklifts would be Toyota.

I have never owned or will I own a personal vehicle from a foreign mfg. I will say though without a doubt if I was a purchasing person for a company the only forklifts would be Toyota.
I have a friend that owns the Yale dealership in Charl.
He says Toyota is his biggest competition.