Averitt | Kudo's knoxville shop

jeepman

Truckload Mercenary
Credits
For the past 3 weeks or so,my ride has been going thru coolant like crazy. This past week pulling a beer load from Tampa to Knoxville,it went thru a gallon. Enough is enough, I informed my travel agent of this issue and I'm taking it to the KNX shop. Got there did my breakdown MAC,spoke with the Shop Boss,and 2 hrs later they got me in. Come to find out it was the EGR Intercooler gone bad. It is a 10 hr job to replace it. 10 hrs later I'm back in service. I was impressed by the knowledge and the skills of the shop people! Keep up the good work! BTW: I got 10hrs of Breakdown!
BTW to the other drivers....when you drop a trl do your walkaround....got stuck with another T/L trailer with a flat tire and the low tire pressure light missing! Got it fixed on MY DIME!

They are doing a great job in Knoxville, Danny, the shop leader, has been in Knx for over 20 years.

Heard another good story last night from the Knx. shop. A friend of mine found his truck hard to start and took it to the shop,it was break time for the shop but Chad took the time to install an alternator so he could take his tractor on his laydown. Less than 30 minutes and he was rolling. Good job Chad !

Heard another good story last night from the Knx. shop. A friend of mine found his truck hard to start and took it to the shop,it was break time for the shop but Chad took the time to install an alternator so he could take his tractor on his laydown. Less than 30 minutes and he was rolling. Good job Chad !

Good Techs are priceless!!!! Worth their weight in Diamonds!

I keep hearing good, positive stories coming from the KNX shop ! Wednesday night one of our pm associates, Jason, promptly replaced a tire on a friend's trailer and had him rolling well before his gate time. Danny M. is doing a great job leading these guys, both day and night shift. I'm forever hearing compliments on our shop, their promptness, and quality of work make it a preferred place of service for both TL and Shuttle.

I feel our mechanics company wide are learning that they are a vital part of the team. They have an enormous impact on our gate times and their quality of work helps to ensure less roadside breakdowns. Late freight and loads sitting on the side of the road have major impact on customer satisfaction.

Our mechanics company wide couldn't give a rats behind about the team. Knx and a few of the smaller shops are the exception...most mechanics believe drivers are scum and not worth their time of course the sainted shuttle drivers excluded...I use to try to explain what the problems might be when I would write a problem up but with so many "I'm the mechanic you're not" responses I just write up "it's broke" and let them figure it out...

Our mechanics company wide couldn't give a rats behind about the team. Knx and a few of the smaller shops are the exception...most mechanics believe drivers are scum and not worth their time of course the sainted shuttle drivers excluded...I use to try to explain what the problems might be when I would write a problem up but with so many "I'm the mechanic you're not" responses I just write up "it's broke" and let them figure it out...
Knx is a good shop...one of a few....When I took my ride into Nas the last time to get it fixed...I got a YOU AGAIN....I told them what it was still doing,and informed him that I don't mind collecting 10hrs of breakdown every time I come here,and by the way really don't care if you fix it!
I run into the snotty shop foremans and mechanics...I inform them MY job is to break them and THEIR job is to fix them!