ABF | KW’s in the snow

woodennose

TB Lurker
Credits
While driving the KW in some pretty deep wet snow the snow and ice was coming off of the front axle and hitting the back of the cab pretty hard. I actually pulled over when I could to make sure I didn’t blow a tire, that’s how loud it was. My real concern is, what’s to stop anything from coming off that front axle and knocking the air lines off the front trailer. Has anyone else had this happen?

Haven’t had that happen yet but sounds really dangerous. They seem to handle the ice and snow pretty well I thought. Hope I never run into what was happening to you.

Haven’t had that happen yet but sounds really dangerous. They seem to handle the ice and snow pretty well I thought. Hope I never run into what was happening to you.
I’ve been pulling pups P&D with KW tandem for the last 2 weeks. It seems to be sure-footed in the snow. However, with the 5th wheel to the rear as it must be, the rock snow and ice chunks get launched into the rear window and cab! Waiting for one to chip the rear glass. Hope not

I’ve been pulling pups P&D with KW tandem for the last 2 weeks. It seems to be sure-footed in the snow. However, with the 5th wheel to the rear as it must be, the rock snow and ice chunks get launched into the rear window and cab! Waiting for one to chip the rear glass. Hope not
They definitely need fenders to beat off with the snow chains! Lol.

Already had an instance of rocks being thrown up while doing a drop and hook and shattering the rear window. I used the think the KW’s were a spaceship and amazing to behold, but now realize they’re just as plastic and poorly put together as most cars are these days. Dang things rattle more brand new than any other truck I’ve driven.

We had these trucks at my previous job,they are junk,be glad they are new ,after a few miles. The wireing will start to mess up ,headlights blinking. Dash lights going out. More rattling than a million mile Mack . Wish the company would done some research on these trucks before buying them

We had these trucks at my previous job,they are junk,be glad they are new ,after a few miles. The wireing will start to mess up ,headlights blinking. Dash lights going out. More rattling than a million mile Mack . Wish the company would done some research on these trucks before buying them
Sounds like the sterlings all over again....

They definitely need fenders to beat off with the snow chains! Lol.
I’m pretty sure those snow chains are just there for a ballast! My theory is if you need to chain up you shouldn’t be on the road. Nothing to do with your driving ability just the (lack of) sensibility of driving in those conditions!(Or the company could issue you bungee cords To secure the loose chain ends)

I’m pretty sure those snow chains are just there for a ballast! My theory is if you need to chain up you shouldn’t be on the road. Nothing to do with your driving ability just the (lack of) sensibility of driving in those conditions!(Or the company could issue you bungee cords To secure the loose chain ends)
Your supposed to throw them in the ditch so the state guys have something to keep them on their toes while mowing. No one is falling asleep when your cutting chain off your blades!