R&L | L.H. Runs......

Screamy

TB Lurker
Credits
Any of you L.H. drivers care to give an ideal what the LH pay is? I know they pay by the turn, but I figure it's based on the mile some way? Do they pay drop & hook or delay? Is there a senority scale? I wonder how they compare to other LTL's like YRC, Conway, Estes, NEMF, Holland, ABF, Saia etc.

Well, here is a ball park. Pay scale is different now. you have to put a certain amount of time in before you get what pre 2008 employees get on LH. You are paid by the run on dedicated LH out of a terminal. That pay is based on zip code to zip code @ 55 MPH @ a certain amount per hour, I don't know what that dollar amount is. I am a 10+ year LH. I know my LH run, when pay is put per mile is, .4616822 per mile. So $0.46 per mile. New hires will not be as much I'm sure. No extra for having to detour if you drive an extra 20 miles or so, I think if you did more than 20 you probably could get a little thrown in, don't know never tried. Breakdown pay after you give the first 2 hrs. Drop pay and fueling is part of the $0.46, but if you have a drop outside of the normal run such as, stopping by a terminal for a droppin and hookin in the middle of your regular run, then you will get $20 drop pay. The only thing that I can brag about R+L LH is that you are left alone if you come in do the run, get your check and forget about work when you leave the lot and go home and take care of your family. Hope this helps.

By "left alone" I mean, they aren't shoving policies and rules down your throat if you step away from the chalk line. And I can throw this in too.....Your TM or CSM what ever you wanna call him, means the world if your terminal is going to be heaven or hell, so to speak. Good luck to you.

Yea man thanks! It does help.....By the way....There's been some dudes on this thing thats making R&L sound like a big ole soap opera. I dont pay no attention to it though.

Several years back in 2009 or so, the company went threw a major restructuring in how they hire, pay and treat employees. Almost all employees did not agree with anything R+L was doing...it was just anti-driver and compared to pre-2009. I'm a veteran LH and was able to adjust. Some adjusted, some weren't allowed to adjust, some found a new way to deal and some it never effected them and some quit after a long productive career thinking they were going to retire here. If you agree to the pay as a new hire, your 75 percent home free, the other 25 percent is whether or not your manager and or co-workers are children from the devil or not........LOL .......hope all this helps