labor day 08

C.F....Live's in Memory

I've said it before i'll say it again, all you CF folk's got Boned big time,I hope every one has recovered okay.:1036316054:

CF closing affected my whole family. My ex was a transport operator, his brother was a mechanic and their father was a retired linehaul driver so we were a CF family. I worked 2 weeks into the shutdown and had enough. As my last official act I composed the following. I thought long and hard about it and said what the heck, what are they gonna do, fire me..

This was sent to every email recipient in the CF system on 9/13/02 at 2:40PM EDT:

As my last official act before departing CF, I would like to thank each and every one of you for the memorable experiences over the past 14 years. Many years from now when we see an old CF trailer parked at a construction site or some other piece of CF history, we will get that choking lump in our throats and a knot in our stomach and remember when....

CF was "THE Premier Service Carrier", the days before Network 2000 and the famous EXCEL program.

We all have our favorite CF story, those who made us laugh, those who made us mad, those of us that are gone. No matter what, we will have one common bond
WE ARE A FAMILY, THE CF FAMILY.
Just as in life, you have your favorites and your not so favorites. Some you are closer to than others. Some you would like to choke and others choke you up. Some make you laugh, some make you cry, others make you mad,....and so on.
No matter where we each end up or what we do, let's try to always remember our CF family and what a really great time we had.

A special thank you to the Board of Directors and those of you directly responsible for the sad state this company is in.

I hope each and every day you remember that your actions or lack of, caused the disruption of nearly 20,000 lives. I hope you an honestly look in the mirror and face yourselves each and every day. You have done a great disservice to the hard working, dedicated people in this company and also to the valued customers that now must find other carriers to move OUR freight.

I am walking out of here for the last time. I go proudly, with my head held high and sorrow in my heart. Every day I have come into this place and did my best, right up to the very end.

Sincerely
MEH
CHR

ALL THE GUY'S AND GAL'S ARE STILL KICKING AROUND HERE IN KNOXVILLE SOME OF US RETIRED SOME GOT OUT OF IT.SOME OF US GOT ON AT ROADWAY///HOLLAND/// YELLOW//. AND GOT OUR TIME in THEN RETIRED BUT IT STILL HURTS .GOOD LUCK TO ALL CFers

Ebby Jebbies

I still get that creepy crawly feeling when Labor Day rolls around. I kinda dread the day now...darn shame. It's almost like I'm waiting for a slap upside the head!?!

I will never forget the Union telling us not to worry about conway..."their nothing dont worry" all the bs they fed us while CF pulled off their plan...to add even more insult the Union told us at the end "we wont let them get away with this, we will have a big lawsuit soon filed, sit tight guys"

Well I sat tight and seen nothing happen, that when I realized the Union was nothing but talk.....I accepted defeat and moved on, then I get slapped in the face once more with that W-2 the "CFC Trust" sent out with your "potential" payoff.....they want me to pay tax on money I MAY get....no thanks. The ultimate was the letter from Jimmy Hoffa Jr himself....100 days after CF folded telling me how sorry he was and then had the balls to give us the phone number for the governments job hotline....Thanks Jim...whoever did your dad, did the wrong Hoffa.

i hope the the guys and gals that left have the guts to vote him out. what a joke of a contract they got now the old man is rolling over where ever that is.I sure do miss cf

conway noit all>>>>>>>>>

:hide:Whell I tell ya I run fromTroy Michigan to DaytonOH. 5 Nite's a week amd there's a couple of decent guy;sn ruunning for Conway,BUT THE MAJORITY OF THE ONES IRUN WITH ARE POTTY MOUTH I NOW EVERYTHING DON'T WASIT YUOR TIMT ON ME.

well i can't say that much myself. just thing about it. that one company get me so mad it can change my day around too.