ABF | Labor Day Will Never Be The Same When I Think About..

6PakAbs

TB Veteran
Credits
You know, since 2002 on Labor Day I just have a sad remembrance of how Consolidated Freightways was shut down on LABOR DAY..of all days.

Just a slap in the face to the brothers and sisters of that company (both union and non)..Just think of the major mastermind that was going on the week/weekend before that day.

And just think, the current XPO guys think they got the shaft! (I will post this on the XPO board--hope I don't get banned)...It already happened in the bloodlines of XPO.
Heaven forbid that it happens again!

Last edited:
You know, since 2002 on Labor Day I just have a sad remembrance of how Consolidated Freightways was shut down on LABOR DAY..of all days.

Just a slap in the face to the brothers and sisters of that company (both union and non)..Just think of the major mastermind that was going on the week/weekend before that day.

And just think, the current XPO guys think they got the shaft! (I will post this on the XPO board--hope I don't get banned)...It already happened in the bloodlines of XPO.

The choice of Labor Day was a deliberate insult. The choice to inform the Union employees of Menlo Park, Inc,..the parent company of (then) Con-Way, and Consolidated Freightways,....on Labor Day, that the Union side of the business only,....was being shut down,..was deliberate, too.
The "message" also went to non-Union Con-way employees:....."Don't dare organize,...We could care less about you, and will be as vindictive and petty as we can if you cross us...."

Con-way/XPO could care less about who thinks they "got the shaft".......as long as none of their "employees-at-will" interferes with the Profit chain.....
As far as getting Banned,......XPO guys know how that feels,........Free Speech and First Amendment Rights are already banned, once you punch the time clock.....(...And Forever, if you are on social media and identify yourself as an XPO employee....)

The choice of Labor Day was a deliberate insult. The choice to inform the Union employees of Menlo Park, Inc,..the parent company of (then) Con-Way, and Consolidated Freightways,....on Labor Day, that the Union side of the business only,....was being shut down,..was deliberate, too.
The "message" also went to non-Union Con-way employees:....."Don't dare organize,...We could care less about you, and will be as vindictive and petty as we can if you cross us...."

Con-way/XPO could care less about who thinks they "got the shaft".......as long as none of their "employees-at-will" interferes with the Profit chain.....
As far as getting Banned,......XPO guys know how that feels,........Free Speech and First Amendment Rights are already banned, once you punch the time clock.....(...And Forever, if you are on social media and identify yourself as an XPO employee....)
Thank you, brother Canary...always my friend...side note: starting to pay more attention to the WDC board..not much going on on this ABF board...be sure to check this post on the XPO and WDC forums...always... you know when you are retired (Feb 29 of all days) you have plenty of time on your hands..

Last edited:
Thank you, brother Canary...always my friend...side note: starting to pay more attention to the WDC board..not much going on on this ABF board...be sure to check this post on the XPO and WDC forums...always... you know when you are retired (Feb 29 of all days) you have plenty of time on your hands..

I will, Brother,......Check the XPO site , I mean. As far as the WDC site,......The Election is over. At this point, everyone knows who they're voting for.......All that remains is to see how the vote count is handled.

The Election is over. At this point, everyone knows who
A new TRUMP voter is born every time ANTIFA/BLM burns a building, loots, riots, terrorizes a diner, punts some poor bastards head, clubs somebody with a skate board, shoots fireworks at the cops, throws bricks at the cops, throws frozen water bottles at the cops, etc.. etc. etc.. I'd say there are at least 100,000 new trump voters created every day!!!

A new TRUMP voter is born every time ANTIFA/BLM burns a building, loots, riots, terrorizes a diner, punts some poor bastards head, clubs somebody with a skate board, shoots fireworks at the cops, throws bricks at the cops, throws frozen water bottles at the cops, etc.. etc. etc.. I'd say there are at least 100,000 new trump voters created every day!!!
well if there are 100K new voters each day, ...well someone is in trouble.. when I first read your response, I actually had a moment of confusion (a Joe Biden moment), but then I read it again...on well, hope the original intent of this post won't get high jacked into a political debate. That was not my intention....

well if there are 100K new voters each day, ...well someone is in trouble.. when I first read your response, I actually had a moment of confusion (a Joe Biden moment), but then I read it again...on well, hope the original intent of this post won't get high jacked into a political debate. That was not my intention....

I've personally signed up a few new voters......I used to carry voter registration forms with me when I was working. Still have the forms. Lot of interest,....but that usually happens around Presidential elections.

100,000 new voters a day x 58 days til election equals 5,800,000 new voters,....Whew!

Presidential election turnouts are usually about 60% of the electorate,.....off-year elections and municipal elections are around 25%,....or less.
Don't even ask me what Union Presidential election turnouts are........They mail the ballot to your house with a return envelope,...You could actually have your postman wait while you open your ballot, vote, seal it and give it back to him........You could practically dip your.......nose.....in carbon black, make a mark,......and send it back sealed at 2;30 in the morning from the postal box outside the dive you drank yourself into a stupor from.......
(.....Dip your "nose",....Actually it was described to me as a different bodily appendage, one peculiar to males,......by a frustrated election official while we were discussing extremely low voter turnouts for Union offices....).....

The Union elections are about as simple as it gets,......Ballot-home,..Open, mark, mail,......Done.....Yet turnouts have never been higher than 65%......
35% of Union guys could care less who is negotiating on their wages and benefits,......Bozo the Clown, for all they care......

(.....and the results are unremarkably "Bozo" like,.......with so-called "leadership" giving away pensions, benefits wages and vacations....)
Contract elections are,.....about the same.

. As far as the WDC site,......The Election is over.
won't get high jacked into a
6PAKAbs sent me a scathing private message, called me a worthless piece of ::shit::, real nice. Accused me of turning this thread political.

6PAKAbs sent me a scathing private message, called me a worthless piece of :::shit:::, real nice. Accused me of turning this thread political.
I will, Brother,......Check the XPO site , I mean. As far as the WDC site,......The Election is over. At this point, everyone knows who they're voting for.......All that remains is to see how the vote count is handled.
Do you think that ArcBest has a blueprint in place to shut down the company for a few days if they are denied further concessions by the union membership? I think so, and probably will eventually decertify the union with the threat.."we can't compete,etc).

Probably blame it on the COVID virus or some other kind of panic at the time. Blame it on the President (not necessarily Trump or Biden), whoever is next or next. Opinions , please. BTW, I did go back and post on the YRC board since they are our Teamster Brothers..

Last edited:

I did get banned by upnorth, the moderator

If close, I think the US Supreme Court will decide the winner. Like Gore & Busch.
I also think Martial Law will be declared by POTUS if the Democrats refuse to accept the outcome. POTUS has control of the Military, so I see no way for Democrats to enforce their wishes except by riots. von.

Some don't like hearing what really happened..... I don't wish anything bad for them.... but karma does have it's way of rearing it's ugly head.
you know, I am shocked at the lack of interest that this post originated from all 4 places..banned on the XPO site, limited on XPO, YRC, ABF and a little more on WDC. I guess they are "gone and forgotten"....Hope the XPO guys (who probably have never heard of them)
realize that...I guess the same will be said about YRC and ABF someday? Notice I said ABF, not ArcBest...oh well..

Do you think that ArcBest has a blueprint in place to shut down the company for a few days if they are denied further concessions by the union membership? I think so, and probably will eventually decertify the union with the threat.."we can't compete,etc).

Probably blame it on the COVID virus or some other kind of panic at the time. Blame it on the President (not necessarily Trump or Biden), whoever is next or next. Opinions , please. BTW, I did go back and post on the YRC board since they are our Teamster Brothers..

For ArcBest to shut down the company, because of "inability to compete",.....they would have to have a viable non-Union side producing AT LEAST two-thirds the revenue that ABF produces now.....
And they would still take a beating, profit-wise.......

Closing the non-Union side was feasible for Menlo Park, Inc......because they had an EQUALLY competing non-Union side. They actively tried to push as much CF work to Con-Way in the years prior to the slap-in-the-face closure.

Since ArcBest does not have an EQUALLY competing partner,........they'd have to practically shut off their revenue stream to close ABF,....which would make investors screaming ugly,.....and cause emergency shareholder meetings, lawsuits, and other lawyer-related activities....
Whoever called that shot in upper management would be tarred and feathered. Whether they like employing those stinky, whiny, demanding, arrogant Teamster employees,...or not.......is kind of out of their control, revenue-wise. I'm sure the corporate dream is to have a quiet, subservient, cheap,...non-Union ....workforce. All companies want that......

But,....If they were trying to set up Panther as the company to "compete" revenue-wise to ABF,......I think they realize now that experienced, dedicated drivers are just a....little hard to come by, nowadays.......

Idiots with CDLs are being churned out by predatory truck driving "schools" by the barrel-load as the economy tanks and people lose ..."normal"...jobs....
But,.....you sure can't make a profit off of idiots.......

You can try,.....but, it makes you an.....idiot....too....