Land air express a good place to work?

Truckerswife1

TB Lurker
Credits
My husband has a Job opportunity in the buffalo area, right now he works for peanuts an hour lol and no health insurance. He is the bread winner of the family and he wants to be sure hes making the right choice. How much does a teamster position pay approx, and is it a good company to work for long term? Thanks in advance!

Truckerswife1, I've been with LAX for 5+ years, Buffalo voted the union in but I have no idea if there is a contract yet. Company owners are not keen on the union. For the rest of the terminals, starting pay dropped from $18 to between $16 and $17 per hour. They are also trying to put line haul drivers on a mileage pay, .37cents per mile. The company went from a great company to work for to a lousy place to work. We are still on a 5% pay cut, and no one knows just what the top rate is, it was $20 per hour for trailer drivers, right now most of the drivers that have been here awhile are at $19 per hour. Tandem drivers get an extra $20 per night no matter how many times you make and break. The health Insurance they have right now as far as none union terminals is awful, I don't have it as many of us can't afford the deductibles, I had to go on my wifes plan, and the VP of operations isn't on it either. The deductibles are like $3500 for single, $10,500 for family (yes you read it right), then it's an 80% - 20% split, and you are paying a weekly amount. If I were you, I'd check with a Buffalo drive and ask some questions. I can only tell you about the non-union terminals, I haven't heard anything about a change in Insurance. As soon as something breaks I know a lot of drivers that are going to get out, as I will be. I hope this has been of some help, but do check with the Buffalo drivers, as well as Union Hall to see where things stand between LAX & the Union.