Land air Express of new England flops.

Didn’t they go belly up some time back? Or at least I thought they did. Game over this time for real?
They must be all done cause it seems shipper are overloading us with NE freight here at Ross Express that we’ve never seen before.
They almost did, in 2016, and they never really recovered.

This place makes central transport and swift look like a good place to work....

They almost did, in 2016, and they never really recovered.

This place makes central transport and swift look like a good place to work....
They were shut down by the DOT for massive violations. They were down for weeks, the owner spencer sold the company to Northeast Transfer out of N.H. He reopened Land Air, minus NJ and lower NY terminals, he also had use the DOT number from his company as Land Air's was dead. After a while he sold both companies to a investment firm. In July both companied were shut down on the same day- drivers were told via zoom call.

Idiots.

Trying to operate a for profit venture in the land of seriously cheap, tightfisted and ******* tightwadded yankees.

Serves them right.

Years ago, when running LTL, had a dedicated route thru Chicago 3X per week, Land Air, had a group of drives that had a similar schedule as mine,
‘Little Greek’
‘Gopher’
‘Solo Rider’
were their cb handles, depending on the night, we all could really stir up some sh!t
on the ‘ol squak box!!

One female trucker went by the handle Sex Machine.

I was tooling across Connecticut the hard way for Newburgh in a winter storm at 15 or so on interlock and she would be making noise on the radio rounding up other drivers for fun. Pass her and them about 20 miles apart. 150 miles worth of fun on that radio.

It was long before computer anything in those days and I must say someone had to be hopped up on amps or other drugs to be that active in addition to driving. What a mess.

That story I dont share very often hardly at all. Because if you drive long enough you run into situations where its really dishonors trucking in general.

Original owners got lazy on safety and never looked back.

The problem was that the federal safety guys didn't see the humor.

Spencer put his son-in-law in charge of safety and the guy never had a clue.