Land Air's Pittsfield, Me terminal votes to join Teamsters!!

2coolio

TB Lurker
Credits
A couple weeks ago they voted to join the Teamsters after being screwed over for years. The vote is being contested right now by Bill and is under the federal review but I believe the yes voters will win! It should be decided in a couple weeks or less. This is great news and hopefully it spreads to the other terminals. Its high time to correct all the wrongs that have been committed over the years!

It was a needed vote we have had enough of crooked Bill. We have nothing to lose only gain, we should have done this long ago. Hopefully we set a new bar for other terminals and they all follow suit.

Union collects dues, then company closes.
Dues money wasted for nothing.

Another LME in the works?
Yes unions collect dues 2 1/2 times your hourly wage .you have half knowledge we're do dues go? Why are there dues explain your negative info. Company closes ,who closes the company,and why lets here this one I can not wait

Yes unions collect dues 2 1/2 times your hourly wage .you have half knowledge we're do dues go? Why are there dues explain your negative info. Company closes ,who closes the company,and why lets here this one I can not wait
Union or not, nobody guarantees works.
Just look at Carrier Indianapolis plant.
Hundreds of union workers laid off, work going to Mexico for $3 hr wages.
Trump and union cant do sh1t.
No refund of dues.

LME closed, union drivers still owed pay.

Agreed no guarantee from either side,but an eye opener for sure.lost wages like our overtime that's our fair wages that we as a whole our fighting for,not pay increases, fair pay,how about benefits the ones we pay for and do not receive,but we receive the hospital,or Dr bills. union would have never even come to play, but when your pay, benefits,401k is lost,missing, or stolen something needs to be done every company has there issues not all our the same.to each of there own we want a voice and fairness,not looking to get rich or close our doors if they close it's to hide the in depth secrets of the fraud. Enough is enough

It's not quite that easy where some of us drivers live to change jobs. There aren't other ltl carriers unless you want a long commute. The hearing was held last week and I believe the Teamsters will win in the end. There needs to be some pushback against Crooked Bill to get the truth out and hold him responsible for his lies and dishonesty Otherwise he will continue to screw over future employees. The Dept. Of Labor has stepped in and forced them to pay back overtime but only if you file a complaint. Some drivers are scared to do this even though they are owed thousands of $. Land Air has become a perfect example of why unions are needed to protect employees from unscrupulous employers.

It's not quite that easy where some of us drivers live to change jobs. There aren't other ltl carriers unless you want a long commute. The hearing was held last week and I believe the Teamsters will win in the end. There needs to be some pushback against Crooked Bill to get the truth out and hold him responsible for his lies and dishonesty Otherwise he will continue to screw over future employees. The Dept. Of Labor has stepped in and forced them to pay back overtime but only if you file a complaint. Some drivers are scared to do this even though they are owed thousands of $. Land Air has become a perfect example of why unions are needed to protect employees from unscrupulous employers.

Good point...

Great companies like YRC and other union jobs would never screw their employees... not while the union is looking over their shoulders.....

I'm sure this company is bearly surviving on a day to day basis, if it has to contribute to a pension, pay overtime you might as well say c'est la vie for the final time

I think a lawyer and class action is needed. Should be faster and more effective than waiting for union.
Even state DOL could help.
And where does that leave the individual whom files a suit .Isolated and osstrisized .Leave up to the union .

is spencer still using fred grubb as his union avoidance lawyer? if he is, you guys better have some serious leverage, this has been tried before. buffalo, woodbridge, Springfield, Boston, no contract.

he will bargain the boilerplate language and agree to everything except the union security clause,stating all current and future employees will become union members, and thats where the bargaining stops. the union wouldn't agree to an open shop, as the company would flood the terminal with non union workers, and treat all union employees like ::shit::, until they quit. the bargaining process will be at a stalemate after 2 bargaining sessions, after that, its just going thru the motions so its not declared an impasse. after the 2 bargaining sessions, the union local will start trying to place union supporters into other union jobs. when you see support leaving, bail, because thats the end of your days at that dump.

it doesn't matter if the union tries to show cost savings with health insurance, these bums aren't interested . its not worth the time and effort with this company, or the union, what will they do, put you in at yrc? if you wanted that, you would have been there.

they had organizing drives when they used to pay overtime and had regular benefits, just to show where they are at now. last i heard, 22 an hr, all straight time. crazy bad insurance.

cut your losses, find a better job, spencer has union avoidance down to an art form. the union can say whatever they want, they know this guy isn't budging.

nemf, adp, abf, fxf, all good jobs without the headache youre going to have.