ABF | Lay off

Things do look suspicious anymore. You have to wonder what direction The Fort is headed in.

Things do look suspicious anymore. You have to wonder what direction The Fort is headed in.
Just guessing. ABF has 1 goal in mind. To rid itself of all of it's pension fund obligations. Through bankruptcy, moving business to another company, anything that will work for them. Would a corporation run their own company in to the ground to do that? Just guessing. I think they are of the mind set to take a chance, spend millions on attorneys now, to save the other companies they have bought to rid them of the pension payments. Just guessing. Can anyone think of any company that has been successful in doing what I just mentioned? If & when the major stockholders start selling their stock, there's your sign? von.

Just guessing. ABF has 1 goal in mind. To rid itself of all of it's pension fund obligations. Through bankruptcy, moving business to another company, anything that will work for them. Would a corporation run their own company in to the ground to do that? Just guessing. I think they are of the mind set to take a chance, spend millions on attorneys now, to save the other companies they have bought to rid them of the pension payments. Just guessing. Can anyone think of any company that has been successful in doing what I just mentioned? If & when the major stockholders start selling their stock, there's your sign? von.
isn't that what CF did ???

No wonder this forum has lost viewers. Not one positive post since forever. Come on Brothers is life that BAD?

Yes Judy and company will take every advantage they can as to where we are concerned. We lose Brothers backing because all they read and hear are negatives.

Did we get screwed with the BEG BACK? YES but the majority voted to allow it. Judy and company just asked for it and it was voted on and passed by the many and cried about by the few.
It is no secret that I was a strong no voter. Do I believe anybody on this site cares that a new hire has no vacation for two years? NO! Unless they are a new hire themselves.
I know some will say they do but talk is cheap. How many of these great Brothers voted in the two tier pay scale in years past. I can tell you that the majority did because it passed.

Will they try to screw us again? YES IF WE LET THEM. Judy took nothing from us we gave it to her. The only thing she has done that wronged us was that she did not say THANK YOU.

Uniforms, vacations and on and on.

How can you be upset all the time? I can only imagine how crazy many of you are driving your families with all this venom.

You are only going to get one chance at this life and your families happiness.
Do something with it don't let it destroy both.

I fight and win grievances all the time but I don't dwell on them. Enjoy life and fight the good fight and then move on.
Our wives have a right to happiness and it is our job to see to it.

Let the poison go you will soon see it was nothing but wasted time.YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!

Last edited:
No wonder this forum has lost viewers. Not one positive post since forever. Come on Brothers is life that BAD?

Yes Judy and company will take every advantage they can as to where we are concerned. We lose Brothers backing because all they read and hear are negatives.

Did we get screwed with the BEG BACK? YES but the majority voted to allow it. Judy and company just asked for it and it was voted on and passed by the many and cried about by the few.
It is no secret that I was a strong no voter. Do I believe anybody on this site cares that a new hire has no vacation for two years? NO! Unless they are a new hire themselves.
I know some will say they do but talk is cheap. How many of these great Brothers voted in the two tier pay scale in years past. I can tell you that the majority did because it passed.

Will they try to screw us again? YES IF WE LET THEM. Judy took nothing from us we gave it to her. The only thing she has done that wronged us was that she did not say THANK YOU.

How can you be upset all the time? I can only imagine how crazy many of you driving your families with all this venom.

I fight and win grievances all the time but I don't dwell on them. Enjoy life and fight the good fight and then move on.

Let the poison go you will soon see it was nothing but wasted time.YOUR BROTHER ALWAYS!
For me its just the fact that I try to keep folks mindful of what we gave up so that we can hold strong in the next one. Fear is a powerful motivator and they are good at it. Both union and company.

How can you be upset all the time? I can only imagine how crazy many of you are driving your families with all this venom.

Sometimes it is hard to be positive when a profession that used to be respected and considered "the knights of the road" are under paid and basically treated like a liability by many in our management group. I am not the type to take my concerns with work home with me and I enjoy most every minute of the life I have been blessed with. That being said, I know I would be much happier if our pay and benefits were comparable to inflation adjusted levels from say, 1975...

Good post, Muler...certainly an eye-opener for some. I, too, voted a strong NO (both times) in 2013. Looking at the terminal-by-terminal voting results for the last contract almost made me physically ill. The opportunity in 2018 is to bring them to their knees.

As long as the company is buying new equipment they are planning to stay in business. I don't know of any upper echelon company official that wants a strike. They remember how much of a disaster the 94 strike was & how many customers we lost.

As long as the company is buying new equipment they are planning to stay in business. I don't know of any upper echelon company official that wants a strike. They remember how much of a disaster the 94 strike was & how many customers we lost.
They must have awfully short memories. Treating us like crap doesn't bode well.

I still can't figure out where the savings is in taking a weeks vacation from us.Not to mention it does nothing for moral that's already in the crapper!Your paying us if were working,or your paying us when were on vacation! So again,where's the savings!

Sometimes it is hard to be positive when a profession that used to be respected and considered "the knights of the road" are under paid and basically treated like a liability by many in our management group. I am not the type to take my concerns with work home with me and I enjoy most every minute of the life I have been blessed with. That being said, I know I would be much happier if our pay and benefits were comparable to inflation adjusted levels from say, 1975...
All we have to do is stick together. It really boils down to we the Teamsters doing the right thing and MAKING the companies do the same.

We can't run a company out of business and they should not be allowed to take advantage of Teamsters with lies and half truths. In the end it is our responsibility to ensure that the union and the companies do what is best for all concerned.

I still can't figure out where the savings is in taking a weeks vacation from us.Not to mention it does nothing for moral that's already in the crapper!Your paying us if were working,or your paying us when were on vacation! So again,where's the savings!
They are not Paying a casual also while you are on vacation. And they are not paying your health and welfare while you are sun bathing for a week not earning them one red cent.

We need to form a fact finding commission to follow all dealings at arcbest and the industry as a whole. Report just the facts not truck stop BS.

We need to give options for all our Brothers to choose from. No name calling and belittling. In order for us to have a fighting chance we must demand a fair and just team to represent us on the matters of ABF.

There have been times when we pounded it in the companies rear ends in years gone by. And what did they do? They regrouped and planed a better more informed attack when the next contract came around. And don't forget the Yrc contract plays s big role in how the union bargains for us. There are many players involved in the scheme of things.

We need a trustworthy committee of ABF Teamsters to inform us.Bottom line we need Brothers with a dog in the fight.

They are not Paying a casual also while you are on vacation. And they are not paying your health and welfare while you are sun bathing for a week not earning them one red cent.
They most certainly are making contributions on H&W and pension when your on a paid Vaction! The only exception would be Vactions weeks broken up into days. Read your supplement,in should be covered under the Vaction article. As far as the casual argument,that's B.S. Because a lot of terminals don't use replacement casuals.

They most certainly are making contributions on H&W and pension when your on a paid Vaction! The only exception would be Vactions weeks broken up into days. Read your supplement,in should be covered under the Vaction article. As far as the casual argument,that's B.S. Because a lot of terminals don't use replacement casuals.
That is what I said they are paying health and welfare while you are off on vacation and not earning them money. That is how they see taking the vacation time away from us.