Holland | Lay offs

I am retired for 14 years out of Yellow Freight now but I still like to check in every once in a while. Back in my day of 44 years mostly with Yellow Freight we all had a Dot medical card or would not be allowed to go to work . Is there something different now days ?
Holland work rules were if you lost your medical card due to a new medical condition (high BP, sleep apnea, whatever) you kept your job, but got put on the dock.

We're now following Yellow barn rules and apparently that's not the case any longer.

Holland work rules were if you lost your medical card due to a new medical condition (high BP, sleep apnea, whatever) you kept your job, but got put on the dock.

We're now following Yellow barn rules and apparently that's not the case any longer.
We have had a few guys over here at yellow Milwaukee who have had health issues , couldn't get a med card for a time,and have been allowed to work the dock till they could get it back.Even had a couple who lost their license due to DUI and they allowed to stay on dock. The problem,is when there are layoffs these employees are then treated as non- cdl qualified and therefore are laid off first when lay offs occur. We had the same thing happen over here in the past when layoffs occured.