Holland | Lay offs

Can confirm it's slow as hell up here in NYC. I'm with new penn. We haven't laid anyone off yet as we're still giving away cartage, home deliveries & schools

Don't Worry Be Happy its just the "" Yeller "" way , look back at its history over past 15 years !!

MI: Layoffs, 10 total. Including 2 senior men without medical cards right now.
Been on vacation, first I've heard of this. Pretty hard to get ahold of our BA, is there anything contractual about laying off the guys without med cards? doesn't' their seniority hold for dock work? There are still 8-10 dock only working.

Been on vacation, first I've heard of this. Pretty hard to get ahold of our BA, is there anything contractual about laying off the guys without med cards? doesn't' their seniority hold for dock work? There are still 8-10 dock only working.
Not sure why the 2 without medical cards were laid off. Was some talk about working under Yellow barn rules instead of Holland rules now, but I haven't heard anything official.

Not sure why the 2 without medical cards were laid off. Was some talk about working under Yellow barn rules instead of Holland rules now, but I haven't heard anything official.
You are Milwaukee, correct? I heard about the 2 guys without med cards getting laid off. To me that makes no sense at all. We're the other guys who were laid off all dock only guys? I'm YRC Milwaukee, by the way. Any chance of getting a pic of your seniority list by chance?

You are Milwaukee, correct? I heard about the 2 guys without med cards getting laid off. To me that makes no sense at all. We're the other guys who were laid off all dock only guys? I'm YRC Milwaukee, by the way. Any chance of getting a pic of your seniority list by chance?
2 guys with the med card issue to see ba today.

Columbia SC 328 laid off 7 city yesterday and eliminated 3 city openings for a total of 10. We still have to merge with YRC Columbia in the next couple of months that include 9 drivers bobtailing in which affects me because they all have seniority even though I've been with Holland for 10 years. Add the fact that other terminals are gaining our zip codes which will eliminate the need for 10 more of our city drivers means I will probably be out of a job next March.

MI: Layoffs, 10 total. Including 2 senior men without medical cards right now.
I am retired for 14 years out of Yellow Freight now but I still like to check in every once in a while. Back in my day of 44 years mostly with Yellow Freight we all had a Dot medical card or would not be allowed to go to work . Is there something different now days ?

Last edited: