Estes | Lay Off's

Pup Driver

TB Veteran
Credits
Don't know for sure but I was told by an Estes city driver years ago that in the event there's a lay off that they lay off the senior men because they have a larger pay scale and keep the junior guys because they have a lesser pay scale . Is that true ?????

They did lay off a bunch of guys in the east around the 09 era. I know some personally. I believe the junior guys got cut first.

Don't know for sure but I was told by an Estes city driver years ago that in the event there's a lay off that they lay off the senior men because they have a larger pay scale and keep the junior guys because they have a lesser pay scale . Is that true ?????
Dont believe everything you hear.

In general, Estes takes care of the guys who have been around awhile. I think Estes tries as hard as they can not to lay people off. It's easy to cut people when it's slow and harder to hire people when your slammed.

In any case alot of companies get rid of the riff raff when they have to cut heads. People with poor attendance, low productivity, safety issues, etc etc.

I have a feeling Estes believes we will have a bounce back year in 2020. Maybe not quite booming like 2018 but better than 2019. Doubt any layoffs are happening now.

Dont believe everything you hear.

In general, Estes takes care of the guys who have been around awhile. I think Estes tries as hard as they can not to lay people off. It's easy to cut people when it's slow and harder to hire people when your slammed.

In any case alot of companies get rid of the riff raff when they have to cut heads. People with poor attendance, low productivity, safety issues, etc etc.

I have a feeling Estes believes we will have a bounce back year in 2020. Maybe not quite booming like 2018 but better than 2019. Doubt any layoffs are happening now.