ODFL | Layoff 3 today

Was there ever a mix of modern looking tractors like in the picture and old fashioned round roof looking trucks in the fleet together ?
I think you may mean the 405 IHC and DF 860 GMCs (bubble-nose)
We ran those in the late 50s along with B-model Macks.
The GMCs were hydramatic, the 405s were the first Roadranger I'd ever seen.

Northeastern ran a sleeper operation up the East coast and was sold by Ryder to John Guinard in 1955.
Ryder kept the 10 tractors and added them to our fleet.
Years later Guinard sold to National, I think they were out of N J.

Has anyone heard that ODFL has a hiring freeze until June ? Just wanted to know if this was true or not? I I HOPE NOT . things should start to pick up soon.

Has anyone heard that ODFL has a hiring freeze until June ? Just wanted to know if this was true or not? I I HOPE NOT . things should start to pick up soon.
If your yard ain’t able to keep drivers corporate allow them to hire,,, but there been freeze on lots of things.. one thing with Od everything subject to change at moments notice

No shock a lot of drivers kept coming here when I told them no last year while a line driver so high on the board to even notice with his day run mocked me telling them I was full of it and to still come over on here,,… tried warning those inquiring,, I’m on the streets everyday getting a good pulse what going on at this place,,

No shock a lot of drivers kept coming here when I told them no last year while a line driver so high on the board to even notice with his day run mocked me telling them I was full of it and to still come over on here,,… tried warning those inquiring,, I’m on the streets everyday getting a good pulse what going on at this place,,
How is your mower board holding up? Maybe time to expand to include mowing customers grass while there delivering? Then OD could work more drivers?

Never heard of an OD driver that could multi-task :bouncy: :17113:
Oh come on, that’s setting the standard to high. Some of these diploma drivers have a hard time just doing a post trip or pre trip, they can’t put down the phone. True story, a newbie that they hired was always late and they couldn’t figure out why. He’d hook up to a long box and then sit on his phone for 30 minutes or longer. I like photography so I started taking pictures with a time stamp. Showed the TM and he no longer played with his phone and he never even looked at me again. I told him that I had turned his lazy butt in.

He learned why my nickname was Maddawg. Hahaha

Oh come on, that’s setting the standard to high. Some of these diploma drivers have a hard time just doing a post trip or pre trip, they can’t put down the phone. True story, a newbie that they hired was always late and they couldn’t figure out why. He’d hook up to a long box and then sit on his phone for 30 minutes or longer. I like photography so I started taking pictures with a time stamp. Showed the TM and he no longer played with his phone and he never even looked at me again. I told him that I had turned his lazy butt in.

He learned why my nickname was Maddawg. Hahaha
The so call trainer kiss rears and roadeo champs this place have ain’t have no idea how to open that hood on inspections either,,.. driver