Yellow | Layoff at LCP

KK,
How right you are. I know that STL runs at least 10 times more reversals than we have run into us. But, you ought to hear the screaming when they do it to us. All a driver on the extra board does is answer the phone and go where they want him to go. I never blame the driver. He can't go anywhere without the approval of CDO.

monkey wrench

yo guys.......

ever think how hard it is to balance the system with a 7% drop in tonnage, when it is only in some lanes and not others??????

7% on a 300 man board is 21 driver's worth of work.......

that's 126 full schedules weekly for just one 300 man board.....

then you have to get the mty's to where they can be loaded.....

then you have to get the corridor drivers in the corridor hubs staged for the inbound relay......

then you have to hold directs at the end of lines an extra day to fill out........

wow, i guess CDO is the evil empire......

just remember one thing, YELLOW is in the freight moving business, not the trucking business.......

if guys are sitting because of diverted freight, i think the stewards of the affected terminals should gather all the information they can on in/out sheets from surrounding terminals and if the company is in violation of the current method of operations, grievances should be filed with the COO panel who authorized the freight flow......

then again, what do i know, i'm just a greedy bid man just looking out for my own gig.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; i'll be cancelled tuesday morning and tuesday night a reversal driver will come into STL and keep our extra board from running STP for the rest of the week..........

Kennesaw Kid said:
NO....Foreign drivers do not do it to us......CDO does it to us....the drivers are following instructions!........KK

Thank you.

If I ever get fired ffrom this place, it will be for popping some bozo who gives me crap about how "I" violated "his" contract by going here or doing that.

Get is straight. I do as I am told. We are a "fly now, grieve later" conference. I have no choice in the matter. Upset? You have every right to be. Go to your hall and file a grievance and get paid, BUT GET OFF MY BACK!!!.

kingralph2 said:
Thank you.

If I ever get fired ffrom this place, it will be for popping some bozo who gives me crap about how "I" violated "his" contract by going here or doing that.

Get is straight. I do as I am told. We are a "fly now, grieve later" conference. I have no choice in the matter. Upset? You have every right to be. Go to your hall and file a grievance and get paid, BUT GET OFF MY BACK!!!.

In a nut shell, that is correct.
When I am dipathed to a forgien terminal that may give some greif, I awlays where a Yellow t-shirt that has ATL on it, so to make it easier for them to spot me. Then they come to me and want to know why I was at "their" terminal. I tell them I got a call and was told to come there.

If there is a problem they need to contact their Local union concerning this. "Here is my trip sheet, so go make a copy of it:....THAT usally floors them.....then I tell them, "what, you think that I have any control to where I am dispatched? If that was the case, I would have sent myself to WPB instead of this god forsaken place!" Just put it on paper and stand away from me.....I am still on my meds.....THAT one even gets the dispatcher's attention and you will get out even quicker!..........KK:smilie_132:

ever notice?????

yo.....

ever notice that the guys that whine the most and loudest are the guys that know the least about what's goin' on????????

if a half a dozen guys from different terminals are saying that freight is being diverted could it be that we just might be slow???????

maybe they're diverting MBK/CNC freight through TCY or SCA but, keeping it out of DET.......

just by holding directs an extra day makes for one less schedule on the forward side of a corridor hub (they do that when it slows a little)......

mikeeeeeeee

ps; i run ATL/NSH relay loads to STP both ways.......

uncle wiggly said:
Laying off 4 or 5 road this week. Foreign drivers are killing us....
Hi,
Try looking into how many loads for the New England area are coming from cnc thru mbk to nrm where I am.
When we load a cnc,nsh,etc, It gets dispatched thru lcp.
I have seen cnc loads come in with mbk drivers.
Just this mans thought.
wolleyworldd

new england freight flow

yo wolley......

most likely, corridor freight comes through LCP.......

regular linehaul freight is backhauled CNC>RAN>MBK>NRM (if it's an inbound new england direct to MBK, maybe it was stripped down to the header than loaded back up)......

makes sense to run freight in 2 legs instead of 3 legs huh???????

RAN is used as a system balancing point to move trailers so trailer pools stay up to snuff without too many mty miles and too much driver clocktime while on layover.....

the in/out sheet looks like who goes where over the weekend if it aint changed since i was running there.......

new england is a funny place, by thursday morning, there might be 300 mty pups with no match to get out and by 10pm friday the big 6 terminals (NRM, BOS, PVD, WST, SMS, MTC) might be stripping monday inbounders just to use them for the outbound relay and the dollies to prehook the outbound sets (a lot of mty's used to come out of maine and new hampshire on weekends).......

right in the middle of controlled chaos like that, more than a few road drivers just don't get the big picture and will shed tears on anyone that will listen to them cuz it's easier to whine than to try and understand the system..........

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; i can't whine because i'm on a low sodium diet and can't afford to lose salt with tears.......

For the most part everybody is correct. It just frosts me when you hear guys begging at the window not to go home or you hear the dispatcher yell back to the coordinator that "so and so is on the phone and they want to know if they can get something else." Bad language such as "the company reserves to the right....." and such is another problem. When its busy nobody cares....everybody is correct....good facts Mikeeeeee...you're da man!

uncle wiggly said:
For the most part everybody is correct. It just frosts me when you hear guys begging at the window not to go home or you hear the dispatcher yell back to the coordinator that "so and so is on the phone and they want to know if they can get something else." Bad language such as "the company reserves to the right....." and such is another problem. When its busy nobody cares....everybody is correct....good facts Mikeeeeee...you're da man!

Hey, if someone asks to stay out, it is still YOUR dispatchers job to take care of your people. Seems not too long ago, some jackhole here was berating me for not "picking up extra work and staying out" because I would "rather stay home and bitch".
When I am at your window, I have no idea what the status of YOUR board is.

If your local is REALLY serious about keeping their work, I'll tell you what. You get with management and make tham a deal. When your board is exausted, they can force guys who are at home on time off or vacation to come in so I can go home.

I (or any other linehaul driver) am not your problem.

Whoa there big fella....it has been said that as a group, we are our own worst enemy and I concurr completely. When a man gives up his DIGNITY by begging, all is lost. Now some people beg because that is the only option left in life for them. Others beg so that they may afford that snazzy Penn reel they've had their eye on since last fall when things dried up. Whatever the case, you cannot expect a dispatcher whose primary job it is to move freight, to turn down a man who has his hand out.No matter what the status of the boards are. I've said it myself in my own drivers room that I am here to make money, not friends. I already have plenty of those and they are not the big stinky ones that forget to shower even though they just spent 14 hours in a motel room a mere 5 feet away from a shower. We have a man that is currently discharged for wrecking and flipping the back box. Cost the company about 250k at last estimate. They refuse to reinstate him and its going to the arbitrator this month.
One of the reasons that the company gave the BA for their reluctance is "the guy runs like a maniac, we fear he's a liability in the future." Who monitors your logs? Who keeps asking if you have time? Who keeps shoving the bills out the window at him? Who created the monster? A bit of hipocracy perhaps....Don't blurr the lines between guys begging to stay out and dispatchers taking care of their own, it's a wash on the scuminess level.....

Whatever the case, you cannot expect a dispatcher whose primary job it is to move freight, to turn down a man who has his hand out.

Sure I can. His boss and my union signed a CONTRACT.

yo....

it doesn't take too long to get it here.....

after 3 or 4 entanglements with foreign dispatchers you can figure them out....

if a guy wants to run let him, after a few years of it they start to slow down and don't look as chipper as they did when they started their own personal feeding frenzy......

the name of the game here is to quit here with the most marbles in your bag and the 3200 miles a week guys usually don't make it or are zombies when they do.....

don't be bitter or envious just do your gig with the least stress on your part and you'll be ok.....

smile and make them think you're up to no good..........

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ;-)

Hey, I usually act like I'm on thorazine. Send me right back? OK. Send me on a three bedder? OK. Turn? OK. Four 300 mile legs in a row? OK.

I will never let a dispatcher think he got the best of me. One time I shot back at a dispatcher who asked me, in a pretty snide way, "what do you have brain damage?" To which I replied, "No. Do you WANT brain damage?"

uncle wiggly said:
We have a man that is currently discharged for wrecking and flipping the back box. Cost the company about 250k at last estimate. They refuse to reinstate him and its going to the arbitrator this month.
One of the reasons that the company gave the BA for their reluctance is "the guy runs like a maniac, we fear he's a liability in the future." Who monitors your logs? Who keeps asking if you have time? Who keeps shoving the bills out the window at him? Who created the monster? A bit of hipocracy perhaps....Don't blurr the lines between guys begging to stay out and dispatchers taking care of their own, it's a wash on the scuminess level.....
UW,
I've told many guys over the years that there may come a day when all the wrong things they do for whatever reasons will one day be used against them if the situation presents itself to Yellow. They seldom believe it until they see it firsthand. I'm not saying the guy who is off now was like that, I'm just saying that alot of guys are and may regret it someday.

MIKEEEEE said:
ps; i can't whine because i'm on a low sodium diet and can't afford to lose salt with tears.......

Hey Mikeeee: Still working out?

I got a physical on my 52nd b-day last week....... heart rate 64-- 70 after 4 minutes of vigorous exercise; blood pressure 110/80. 6"2'/ 198 lbs (down from 215 over the winter)..............gotta keep up with my giant kids!:bgroovy: They said I'll live to bug you a long, long time!:wavey:

Glad you made it to the new boards!

hit a wall

yo jimmy g...

i hit a wall......

staying right a 267......

i'm bulking up though, lots more lean muscle mass with about 2 inches off my waist......

i maxed out the stack on my home gym so i got to get an adapter to add plates to the stack.......

right now the spare tires are redistributing and shrinking.....

mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

ps; check this link out, it did wonders for me and wifey......

www.er4yt.com

it works for sure......