ABF | Layoff#'s@your Barn?

We've got 5 shuttle laid off in Chicago.....Road still running with everyone on board

Great News from Region 1:

According to an email from JD, 188 has been urged to reduce the # of bids below the # of drivers currently on the list.

Rebid last wk, and guess what, no more start time for me, really opens up my free time for the winter...!

Job? What job? I thought I had a job...:(

Gotta love the holidays!

our scumbag boss at 140 laid 4 of us off on friday night. he even had the nerve to put " very truly yours" at the bottom of the layoff letter. he should of put have a happy thanksgiving also. may be his real name is ebenezer scrooge. he'll probably break in to my house and steal my christmas presents too

our scumbag boss at 140 laid 4 of us off on friday night. he even had the nerve to put " very truly yours" at the bottom of the layoff letter. he should of put have a happy thanksgiving also. may be his real name is ebenezer scrooge. he'll probably break in to my house and steal my christmas presents too

Hopefully this will be a very temporary situation. I know it's hard for guys affected by lay off, but you should go for unemployment insurance, first thing. If you find temporary employment in the mean time, you can decline benefits, in some states, but at least you'll know what your benefit is. Does your local have some temporary jobs?
All things to consider.

Unemployment - the license endorsement you MUST have!

UC filed 1/07, good for 52 wks, although they only pay out for 26 in VT, works out good as an ABF supplemental paycheck!

Don't know what will happen in 1/08 if I'm still off, if it will extend or what. Last time I spoke with them, they considered me 'attached' to ABF, but still have to do work search since employer won't give a return to work date.

Kind of hard to feel attached when you have no bid, no job, no income. But, my dog still loves me!:biglaugh:

Last year I made it to Thanksgiving at 064/Dayton but this year I didn't make it to Halloween. Last year's layoff lasted until June. Last year it was about 60 laid off and I think this year it's up to about 30 so far.

I made just past New Years last year-28 laid off last year. Got laid off 10/16 this year! Last I heard 24 off on road and 7 quit in 086/Atl.