ODFL | Layoffs Again

First time poster here. I was let go last Thursday (P&D) from SoCal area. Applied same day to their linehaul position open at same terminal. Had phone interview this morning. Think I'll get it?

You had to reapply? Your terminal sucks. When I got laid off p&d a year ago with 5 other guys, we were called in one by one. A terminal 60 miles away needed city and line haul help. We were given the option to transfer down there until we could be brought back. I was the only one to transfer and went line. Was called back to my home barn and stayed line. Why would a TM cut someone without calling around to see if a barn needs help or if their OWN barn has a spot open elsewhere????

You had to reapply? Your terminal sucks. When I got laid off p&d a year ago with 5 other guys, we were called in one by one. A terminal 60 miles away needed city and line haul help. We were given the option to transfer down there until we could be brought back. I was the only one to transfer and went line. Was called back to my home barn and stayed line. Why would a TM cut someone without calling around to see if a barn needs help or if their OWN barn has a spot open elsewhere????
Well,we are talking California..:hide:

Yeah it was unfortunate how it played out. I figured they would have done what you said. Makes sense. But oh well. Hopefully I hear back soon and get back out on the road.The more I read about linehaul, the more I'm excited to do it. We'll see...

Yeah it was unfortunate how it played out. I figured they would have done what you said. Makes sense. But oh well. Hopefully I hear back soon and get back out on the road.The more I read about linehaul, the more I'm excited to do it. We'll see...

It really is the easiest job in the world even more so from Cali, just hoodlum off the street put behind the wheel in SoCal

I see the master mower back too. Must be done for now shouting out the snow on Snoqualmie?

We're lucky we all didn't get laid off from TB, with Ump, double naught and Billy deserting the cause.
Ump's starting to complain about mirrors on his zero before season starts.
00's playing the sympathy card with his knee.
Billy's after a supervisor job.

We're lucky we all didn't get laid off from TB, with Ump, double naught and Billy deserting the cause.
Ump's starting to complain about mirrors on his zero before season starts.
00's playing the sympathy card with his knee.
Billy's after a supervisor job.
They’re looking for a linehaul super in PDX. Plus he can supervise our grass cutting out front.