XPO | Layoffs are coming

Does make me wonder? Are guys sitting? Runs being cancelled? Freight has to be down all over and yet companies still hiring.
(For the record I don't work at XPO)

Layoffs are coming guys
EZ , how will layoffs be distributed? Are these white collar layoffs? Blue collar layoffs? What part of the country are they in?

U.S. Xpress Lays off 5% of It's Corporate Workforce - No Drivers , Service Center , or Maintenance Roles Were Impacted By the Layoffs

[ This is ] an effort to slash costs after the truckload carrier reported last week losing more than $8.9 million in the first quarter.

Brad Carmony, VP of brand communications for U.S. Xpress, said the decision to cut about 70 of its 1,400 office employees, working mainly in information technology, company operations and back-office support, was “necessary for the health and long-term success of the business.”

No driver, service center or maintenance roles were impacted by the corporate layoffs announced Thursday.

From -
Freightwaves

EZ , how will layoffs be distributed? Are these white collar layoffs? Blue collar layoffs? What part of the country are they in?

U.S. Xpress Lays off 5% of It's Corporate Workforce - No Drivers , Service Center , or Maintenance Roles Were Impacted By the Layoffs

[ This is ] an effort to slash costs after the truckload carrier reported last week losing more than $8.9 million in the first quarter.

Brad Carmony, VP of brand communications for U.S. Xpress, said the decision to cut about 70 of its 1,400 office employees, working mainly in information technology, company operations and back-office support, was “necessary for the health and long-term success of the business.”

No driver, service center or maintenance roles were impacted by the corporate layoffs announced Thursday.

From -
Freightwaves
Maybe that new state of the art carrier they started, Variant, isn’t doing worth the crap?

From -
Freightwaves
Well my terminal there is Linehaul drivers sitting at home 3-4 times a week , city drivers barely getting 36-40 hours but yet they hiring like there is no tomorrow ☹️

Before there could ever be layoffs , one would think there are numerous opportunities for work at neighboring locations that are short staffed.

At one point , XPO took volunteers from ALL OVER THE COUNTRY and were flying them to California to help a terminal there. Surely there's some work available nearby that would prevent layoffs.
You sound like one of my managers that have a answer for everything, except a real solution, we got 10-18 Linehaul drivers sitting on the butts , I am sure they will send 16 people to California, and pay them for the flights and what not

I think it is supposed to go by senoraty
Hopefully, they can do whatever they want I guess. Company policy is just company policy. They don’t have to follow their own policy. There’s nothing anyone can legally do about it . Employees at will . They can do whatever they want . Hopefully they stay true to the policy .

I wouldn’t panic. They do it every time there’s a dip in freight, then panic when there’s not enough bodies to do the work.

Every year.
Sounds more like breakroom rhetoric. These guys make this crap up, with no proof of anything except what they thought they heard. I always say, Post proof of what you say is going to happen. I don't ever remember XPO posting a layoff notice. Not saying they don't, because I have no proof. Thanks for stopping by.

Hopefully, they can do whatever they want I guess. Company policy is just company policy. They don’t have to follow their own policy. There’s nothing anyone can legally do about it . Employees at will . They can do whatever they want . Hopefully they stay true to the policy .
At my terminal they put 2 bottom guys from days and put them on linehaul but we don't have enough dollies to work everybody so the fos goes from top to bottom to see who would like to stay home. Now we don't have a huge terminal only 9 us on linehaul now with the 2 extra from days