XPO | Layoffs are coming

You sound like one of my managers that have a answer for everything, except a real solution, we got 10-18 Linehaul drivers sitting on the butts , I am sure they will send 16 people to California, and pay them for the flights and what not
Honestly , I wish management was aware , and precise enough to put people that will work and want to work , where the work is.

But , I don't see that happening with the management in place now.

Sounds like they're trimming corporate, and office fat to me.
Covid showed a LOT of companies how many positions were redundant.

I'd expect anyone in the operation will be fine.

I'm curious , are those that sign a contract to work for one or two years ( newly trained drivers , drivers fresh out of driving school )
protected from being let go due to lack of work over an employee not under contract? Just wondering.

If they are going to layoff they will wait until before or after Christmas like they did in 08 not layoff right before summer, not saying it can’t happen I just don’t think it’s likely.

I'm curious , are those that sign a contract to work for one or two years ( newly trained drivers , drivers fresh out of driving school )
protected from being let go due to lack of work over an employee not under contract? Just wondering.
There is nothing in the program agreement they sign that protects them from layoff or economic termination.

Wouldn’t surprise anyone if they laid off participants they charged them for training.
I hear you, but no that's not how it would work. They won't be charged unless they quit on their own within the first two years. I think for the purpose of the training contract, a layoff would be treated the same as being fired for cause....no charge.

True I'm in the Sacramento district r older guys aren't getting 8hrs but the buck young bucks are getting overtime
At my place it’s just the opposite. I’m not looking for an easy day, but when you see the same guys (kids) doing there mickey-mouse route and going home on 7-8 hours it sends the wrong message. How about cutting the guys some slack that have been in the trenches for awhile and use up some of that fresh blood, especially the guys that just hopped on board and got a CDL…no one felt sorry for me when i started. I shoveled ::shit:: like everyone else and paid my dues.

No layoffs. They will just build cases against the grumpy senior drivers and ride them till they quit.
Go ahead at my place the senior driver are the only ones that keep showing up. New guy call off all the time. We had one new driver with exp quit after one month and two that went throught the school both quit. One after one night on LH then he was MIA. the other made one week of LH and one day of city then quit.
and we are still hiring sign been out for over 3yrs now. Starting to get some sun fad.

At my place it’s just the opposite. I’m not looking for an easy day, but when you see the same guys (kids) doing there mickey-mouse route and going home on 7-8 hours it sends the wrong message. How about cutting the guys some slack that have been in the trenches for awhile and use up some of that fresh blood, especially the guys that just hopped on board and got a CDL…no one felt sorry for me when i started. I shoveled **** like everyone else and paid my dues.
Time have changed. There is no long a line waiting to work here. When they get someone in they do everything to keep them. They figure you aren't going anywhere.

Go ahead at my place the senior driver are the only ones that keep showing up. New guy call off all the time. We had one new driver with exp quit after one month and two that went throught the school both quit. One after one night on LH then he was MIA. the other made one week of LH and one day of city then quit.
and we are still hiring sign been out for over 3yrs now. Starting to get some sun fad.
That should tell you something is wrong but you’ll keep accepting and defended ing Xpo at every opportunity.

That should tell you something is wrong but you’ll keep accepting and defended ing Xpo at every opportunity.
I’d say it’s more of a “people don’t want to work” thing around my place. With inflation what it is (and no end in sight) we have a couple new drivers that may make it to the street to work after completing training. Maybe. There aren’t any ltl jobs that pay what we do. Say what you want about the company, and I’m no cheerleader, but I have supported my family by working here. Life is full of choices.

Same at my place. We have junior drivers call out almost once a week. When you only run 4, that’s a big deal. The last driver I helped train quit after linehaul training. Plus 80 hours covid pay. I texted him-WTF? He said he couldn’t work nights. Jokes on him though, he would have worked nights for a couple weeks and then gone to days. I hate training new drivers, because it’s a lot of work to do it right, and this is why. No more training for me. People suck.

At my place it’s just the opposite. I’m not looking for an easy day, but when you see the same guys (kids) doing there mickey-mouse route and going home on 7-8 hours it sends the wrong message. How about cutting the guys some slack that have been in the trenches for awhile and use up some of that fresh blood, especially the guys that just hopped on board and got a CDL…no one felt sorry for me when i started. I shoveled **** like everyone else and paid my dues.
The new hires don't know how to use a shovel though. They were raised with a cell phone in hand, not a handle on life.