XPO | Layoffs are coming

Same at my place. We have junior drivers call out almost once a week. When you only run 4, that’s a big deal. The last driver I helped train quit after linehaul training. Plus 80 hours covid pay. I texted him-WTF? He said he couldn’t work nights. Jokes on him though, he would have worked nights for a couple weeks and then gone to days. I hate training new drivers, because it’s a lot of work to do it right, and this is why. No more training for me. People suck.
That’s the biggest pet peeve I’ve ever had with Conway/XPO. Don’t tell new employees that they will only be on linehaul for a week or two. We lost three guys all the same time to FedEx because the manager would not Put them on the city operation. First guy left and called the second two guys. Don’t be a dinosaur change the way you do things.

That’s the biggest pet peeve I’ve ever had with Conway/XPO. Don’t tell new employees that they will only be on linehaul for a week or two. We lost three guys all the same time to FedEx because the manager would not Put them on the city operation. First guy left and called the second two guys. Don’t be a dinosaur change the way you do things.
Was lied to in my interview back in the Con-Way days. Was never told I could be forced out on LH or vs versa. We lost new guys to FedEx. We were bring them in at 11am or later. They went to FedEx and the latest they start is 9am.
It took some buy Con-Way to kill the dinosaur. When I came here they still thought it was the 90s and there sh1t didn't stink. For years other LTLs were investing in dockworkers. Mean time FedEx was getting 95% of there city operation out by 9am. Hell at my place over 50% of the driver start at or after 9am