Estes | Layoffs at Estes

well from what i understand we had a rate increase, hence the slow period hitting earlier in the year. people say that we will lose more home depot at the beginning of the year. we'll see

when i said cancel bid runs, usually its on one side only. so the other guy has to go through. been doing that alot lately

I have't heard of layoffs out west yet. But it is super slow. Maybe I'm wrong,but I think the way the west is handling the lack of freight is by eliminating what they consider the undesirables. ( ie. union organizers)

I have't heard of layoffs out west yet. But it is super slow. Maybe I'm wrong,but I think the way the west is handling the lack of freight is by eliminating what they consider the undesirables. ( ie. union organizers)

i was gunna post but....NAH i'll let that open door stay open for someone else :D

Please feel free to post your opinion Jim Bob. I must say I truly enjoy a challenge. I actually left that particular door wide open for none other then you. The trap is set . Now enter at your own will......

i have been working out of # 165 for 3 1/2 years now.this place is going down the tubes.they have laid off 7 p&d drivers 13 dock workers 2 dock supervisors and the lady who answers the phone.we have 5 p&d drivers going to work on the dock breaking freight then going out in the city for a few pick ups.i have been putting in apps.hopefully i will be out of estes soon!

It makes good sense to the company, to hire more drivers to keep from paying overtime..the employee benifit package is cheaper than the total of overtime to payout...you are never going to win against the company on this issue..you will just cut your own time with more employee's...so it will be better to leave the overtime issue alone......don't you think...

Heard that 4 drivers got the boot in Las Vegas and one quit anyone know who it was

Charley T. is who quit. Heard he went to OD.4 that were laid off were extra board that I heard had been running systems.

I know it has been pretty slow and with not having any freight and all the system guys and teams that are moving all the freight that the vegas drivers used to move they have been rotating guys off and nobody I don't think has been getting too many full weeks in. Some have only been working 2 or 3 days a week and having to take extra board runs just to work that many days. Multiple bid runs being cut on a daily basis

With the hours of service changing back to 10hr driving and cutting out the 34hr restart things will get interesting here at Estes. It gets worse here every day management at this company DOES NOT CARE A BIT!!!!