ODFL | Layoffs Coming

TipsyTexan

TB Lurker
Credits
With the current state of the economy nationwide and the recent announcement from the Feds about the 2023 outlook, it seems very likely layoffs are going to happen at OD. What are y’all’s thoughts, has anyone heard anything from their service center?

I’m betting it happens by Spring if not sooner.

Estes doesn’t do layoffs, they’ll just let you starve and quit or ride it out. Some LTL carriers are offering voluntary furloughs right now.

Layoffs maybe coming but that's not putting much of a dent in the great resignation. Drivers are going to be needed when the economy turns around. I don't think it will be a dire situation for drivers at well run companies. Might be some lean months or a quarter or two but these companies are going to need their drivers.

With the current state of the economy nationwide and the recent announcement from the Feds about the 2023 outlook, it seems very likely layoffs are going to happen at OD. What are y’all’s thoughts, has anyone heard anything from their service center?

I’m betting it happens by Spring if not sooner.
OD has already terminated a bunch Nationwide last month..Not saying we will not see more.

OD has already terminated a bunch Nationwide last month..Not saying we will not see more.
yeah, I know GBO had about 30 driver layoffs with one management that was a 'shocker'(not naming names). But KNC did have 2 layoffs that came from the dock. For 3 weeks after that, it was hard as hell for them to get the freight out. Seems everything is back to normal....then again...it IS slow as hell! lol