XPO | Layoffs Since Christmas

BabyJ5525

TB Lurker
Credits
just curious as much as it seems to have slowed down since Christmas if there have been any/many layoffs ? None at this barn but it’s pretty much 8 1/2 - occasional 10 hours a day .

Things have slowed a lot in the greater Detroit area. A lot of layoffs, people quitting, no overtime, less freight etc.

Sad.

So sorry to hear that . I wish XPO could get it together and excel .
Don’t we all . I wouldn’t hold your breath I just don’t think the knowledge or will exsist to do so. O/R trumps all.
Jacobs brags of tech investment to lure investors but no improvements in the basics

Last edited:
I didn't know XPO was required to give us OT?

But people do come to work to get paid and if they don't get the number they need, they can easily find new employment in this economy. You understand that ? Right ? That there is a correlation between the people leaving and the people not getting paid ?

just curious as much as it seems to have slowed down since Christmas if there have been any/many layoffs ? None at this barn but it’s pretty much 8 1/2 - occasional 10 hours a day .

Anyway. We are slow. But it just means that for right now we can keep up. Hired two. We got a line of guys leaving. Moral is down. These idiots keep talking union. But UPS is still looking for feeder drivers. Jobs are actually everywhere in Columbus right now. Competition is fierce. Hiring bonuses. Equal pay. And easier work. And not owned by Jacobs.

Anyway. We are slow. But it just means that for right now we can keep up. Hired two. We got a line of guys leaving. Moral is down. These idiots keep talking union. But UPS is still looking for feeder drivers. Jobs are actually everywhere in Columbus right now. Competition is fierce. Hiring bonuses. Equal pay. And easier work. And not owned by Jacobs.
If UPS is looking for full time feeder drivers I would think they would be filled quickly ! Job security , Cadillac ins , pay no other trucking company can touch and locked into pension after 5 years .

If UPS is looking for full time feeder drivers I would think they would be filled quickly ! Job security , Cadillac ins , pay no other trucking company can touch and locked into pension after 5 years .

A lot of rules. Massive facility. You are number 500 and something on the bid board. Starting over is like having your stick sucked by a ***** with razor blades for teeth.

Ultimately, every time we get a good build up of pro union guys. They all leave at once for UPS. A group at a time. And we still see them and talk to them. And a few didn't like it. And moved on. But mostly, they stayed and are making great money. For very little work. With amazing benefits. Their straight time wage is very close to our overtime wage. They come in for Saturday work and make $600 for one day.

I can't argue with them at all for doing it. And have nothing but respect for those drivers. That's risking everything. And being rewarded.

We been hiring alot of dock workers to cut overtime out. And they raised the rates is what I heard. They will layoff drivers and hire dock workers at a lower price. They also moved back driver start times. There is no loyalty to the employees or customers.

We been hiring alot of dock workers to cut overtime out. And they raised the rates is what I heard. They will layoff drivers and hire dock workers at a lower price. They also moved back driver start times. There is no loyalty to the employees or customers.

Truth in spades.

A lot of rules. Massive facility. You are number 500 and something on the bid board. Starting over is like having your stick sucked by a :censored: with razor blades for teeth.

Ultimately, every time we get a good build up of pro union guys. They all leave at once for UPS. A group at a time. And we still see them and talk to them. And a few didn't like it. And moved on. But mostly, they stayed and are making great money. For very little work. With amazing benefits. Their straight time wage is very close to our overtime wage. They come in for Saturday work and make $600 for one day.

I can't argue with them at all for doing it. And have nothing but respect for those drivers. That's risking everything. And being rewarded.
I have a friend that was with ups I believe 38 years . The last few years he would do a Sunday run at Christmas time . He made almost as much in that one day as I made the whole week !

I have a friend that was with ups I believe 38 years . The last few years he would do a Sunday run at Christmas time . He made almost as much in that one day as I made the whole week !
Ya ive been thinkin of goin to ups we have had several drivers leave and go to ups and they are 20 plus years guys