Yellow | Layoffs

wallyman

TB Lurker
Credits
Just laid off 8 at our barn. I had heard with the Cares Act money that they were suppose to keep everyone employed. Any other Layoffs out there?

Damn breeze, that statement sure could be taken out of context,....this is a truck driver site,let's just say not many brain surgeons on here,....but plenty who need it,...but you would have Made a great ho,lol
They would run me off the first day.
I may get 3 sets hooked in 8 hrs, providing the weather was warm.

They would run me off the first day.
I may get 3 sets hooked in 8 hrs, providing the weather was warm.
At 309 it’s;
Hour 1, final texting, complaining, and coffee.
Hour 2 locate assigned yard horse
Hour 3 pretrip horse, and complain to any road driver that will listen,
Hour 4,first 30 minutes,check hand held for assignment.
Hour 4 2nd 30 minutes, find dolly, and rear trailer. Spot dolly.
Hour 5 Lunch and more complaints
Hour 6 locate lead, and begin hook process.
Hour 7 complete hook, update hand held, park yard horse
Hour 8 sit in sleeper tractor reading magazine, and or texting.

At 309 it’s;
Hour 1, final texting, complaining, and coffee.
Hour 2 locate assigned yard horse
Hour 3 pretrip horse, and complain to any road driver that will listen,
Hour 4,first 30 minutes,check hand held for assignment.
Hour 4 2nd 30 minutes, find dolly, and rear trailer. Spot dolly.
Hour 5 Lunch and more complaints
Hour 6 locate lead, and begin hook process.
Hour 7 complete hook, update hand held, park yard horse
Hour 8 sit in sleeper tractor reading magazine, and or texting.
That's about how I did it when I had a a hostling bid except hour 8 I napped in the sleeper unit.:438:

Last edited:
Always thought I wanted to be a hostler, I just never had nerve to bid the job.
One can only imagine 8 hrs of jiffing.
No more greasy jiffing throw away that apron it’s only good for the misses at thanks giving .You most likely never had to Jiff up in the snow ,Being from the south. I’d always find a trailer to back under to move the 5th wheel up..My wife asked me why do you keep a piece of wood in your travel bag .It’s a trade secret.

No more greasy jiffing throw away that apron it’s only good for the misses at thanks giving .You most likely never had to Jiff up in the snow ,Being from the south. I’d always find a trailer to back under to move the 5th wheel up..My wife asked me why do you keep a piece of wood in your travel bag .It’s a trade secret.
I've never given it much thought, but since you mentioned it, I don't recall hooking a jiff in the snow.
I hooked a lot of sets when I ran the Carolina board, as for snow, I have run my share, but nothing like you North end guys.
This could be the reason they called me (Panama Hat)

I've never given it much thought, but since you mentioned it, I don't recall hooking a jiff in the snow.
I hooked a lot of sets when I ran the Carolina board, as for snow, I have run my share, but nothing like you North end guys.
This could be the reason they called me (Panama Hat)
The Jiff locks really sucked and so did the Joe Dogs .They just made your single axle a hole lot longer.I’ve never seen that many out east here.