XPO | Layoffs??????

bijan1

TB Lurker
Credits
what is the word on your yard, im at nrd and we have been over our cost goals all year. this morning our tm said we were 2 people fat. we have 39 city drivers , and 6 dock workers,and we cover a pretty vast area. if we cut more than 5 drivers it would be suprising, but just wanted to get a feel for how things were going across the board.

i hate to say it but we might need to. there are some barns that are way too fat. they might have some drivers that are working 4 to 5 hrs. a day at most. they are bringing them to send others home even though they do nottt have the work seems like a waste to me

Marty told personel director to hire 20 more people for LDA. Were still busy, but not that busy. WTF they must be planning something.

I've herd through a friend that Knoxville tn has laid off ten he is afraid his barn is next and he is at the bottom of the board good luck to you all and to all of us industry wide I think its going to be rough for all companys for a while

were you guys short in LDA..?? Usually you hire 20 with the thought that 10 might stick...in Calif, it's more like 3 of 20 will stick...
I don't know why they are hiring all of those folks...I don't know how they are not spending way too much money. The in-bound guys are already complaining about working only 8 hours.

If lay-offs are imminent, why not offer the affected drivers or ask for volunteers, to drive for Con-Truckload until it picks up again? Would seem to be a win-win for drivers and company. Driver keeps working, Truckload fills some seats that they are having a hard time filling, and when business levels pick back up Con-Freight doesn't have to go through the whole hiring process that takes forever. Just a thought.

forward opinion

If lay-offs are imminent, why not offer the affected drivers or ask for volunteers, to drive for Con-Truckload until it picks up again? Would seem to be a win-win for drivers and company. Driver keeps working, Truckload fills some seats that they are having a hard time filling, and when business levels pick back up Con-Freight doesn't have to go through the whole hiring process that takes forever. Just a thought.

Hey good idea, maybe you should forward your opinion to the company.:smilie_132:

Prezars, where you been..??? the dentist, I hope...and maybe the hairdresser...I talked to your boss today, he was none too pleased about the layoffs...Pricing war is taking it's toll on UFN, as well as others...

Prezars, where you been..??? the dentist, I hope...and maybe the hairdresser...I talked to your boss today, he was none too pleased about the layoffs...Pricing war is taking it's toll on UFN, as well as others...

I've been busy too much crap going on in my personal life right now. I know what you mean about my boss, he gave me the impression that it was something that he really hated doing. I feel for him he's a good man. I wouldn't want to make those phone calls.

Thinking aloud here.....that maybe Prezar's looks are running off the customers...?

Serious note: I sure hope things pick up soon and the guys either get hired back or find a good job soon.

One thing I'm finding since I've started looking for a new Weight and Inspection position is that there are a LOT of openings for CDL drivers....

Great idea. If we laid off I would be safe but I would voluntarily go over there for the winter if it was offered. Something different. That would be a great way to retain good new drivers through the slow times.

Great idea. If we laid off I would be safe but I would voluntarily go over there for the winter if it was offered. Something different. That would be a great way to retain good new drivers through the slow times.

It will never happen though. It makes to much sense to do it this way. We would much rather step over a dollar to find a dime.

Husband took off of work last night so the guys under him in senority could get some work in. He said he didn't mind eating my cooking instead of a healthy meal from McDonald's:funky: (eating at home cheaper than eating out??)

Baloney sandwiches for him this coming week!! :chairshot: