TForce | Layoffs

PO wants to shed the big packages from Amazon.
Mailman says letter carrier morale is bad bc of Amazon taxing their operations.
Plenty of envelope biz from UPS and FedEx going to USPS.
Morale is bad at any company that deals with amazon....

Your Scranton Pa. terminal laid 2 drivers off. Your driver/ trainer had a road driver with him yesterday showing him the ropes of P&D, he decided to bump in to keep working. It sounded like it was going to be permanent not a few weeks....
Our layoffs are due to the minihub closing the next two weeks. The company so far has said Christmas week and New years week and will open back up the 7th. If our minihub closes we will have 15+ road drivers layoff. We are working everyone and really don't have the people to cover everything. We were 3 short in the city when all this happened.

Our layoffs are due to the minihub closing the next two weeks. The company so far has said Christmas week and New years week and will open back up the 7th. If our minihub closes we will have 15+ road drivers layoff. We are working everyone and really don't have the people to cover everything. We were 3 short in the city when all this happened.
I just don’t understand how ups can close these places when they still have a business to run. I seen memo’s sent out when I worked at Roadway to lay of the bottom few guys, but never a hub....

I just don’t understand how ups can close these places when they still have a business to run. I seen memo’s sent out when I worked at Roadway to lay of the bottom few guys, but never a hub....
Customer service has taken a back seat to costs at the moment. During the "cleansing" of the system last month they reevaluated the national accounts, walking away from some major shippers. With speaking with our local sales rep. anything with an O R of near 100 or above was evaluated and dropped or subject to a rate increase. Some paid, most did not. National account volume is down 60%, local accounts down 10%. Most of the hubs affected operate within a "reasonable" distance of other hubs and don't affect transit times in major lanes to a large degree. According to him, there are a few "large" negotiations at the moment which might help volume in the future. Couple that with the seasonal slowdown we pay the price..

Customer service has taken a back seat to costs at the moment. During the "cleansing" of the system last month they reevaluated the national accounts, walking away from some major shippers. With speaking with our local sales rep. anything with an O R of near 100 or above was evaluated and dropped or subject to a rate increase. Some paid, most did not. National account volume is down 60%, local accounts down 10%. Most of the hubs affected operate within a "reasonable" distance of other hubs and don't affect transit times in major lanes to a large degree. According to him, there are a few "large" negotiations at the moment which might help volume in the future. Couple that with the seasonal slowdown we pay the price..
Everyone carrier should spank these customers that receive huge discounts, but we know that will never happen....They would eat their young first....

We were told they can't order toliet paper until the first of the year. No more shaking hands until 1-2. Also all of the TM's credit cards are shut off something big is going on.
Same at our barn, no drinking water, soap, sales cancelled a lunch with a customer. Ops manager had to buy water after I told him he had to have drinking water available.

Nothing new. Turning off the spending, until the quarter is over.
To tell you the truth. I have seen pretty wreckless spending on some things. Instead of fixing a pallet jack, it gets junked for a new one, ask to repair a weld on dolly, nope trash it, buy a new one. Buying bottled water, instead of installation of a water dispenser. There is little accountability for waste at the terminal level.

This company has been stepping over dollars to pick up pennies for as long as I've been here.