ODFL | Layoffs

Go for it , Billy. 500lb caskets ain’t nothing for the tanning bed King!!

rwlijXq.jpg

There is a new line of Jimmy’s products coming out this year that are large enough so people can be buried with a favorite piece of their past. Like a motorcycle, or mower.

Only if the mower is free of any liens

We only have 90 OTR drivers nationwide combined. We need 2 in Indy, and a as many as they can get in Batesville Ind. Always need more in Los Angeles, Dallas, and Allentown. 86 warehouses in the USA and Canada. Manufacturing plants in Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and now Chihuahua. About 350 straight truck drivers. Those don't make squat. Top out a out $22 per hr EVENTUALLY. And they unload 300 lbs caskets. Applications are only thru Batesville website.

OTR pay- each Part taken individually, not so much. But Combined pay of hourly (we get paid every minute of On Duty- fueling, hooking, unloading, delay, etc$16.90), milage .504, and a $40 per night per diem brings it to 58-59 cents per mile, which is your starting pay. We Do have excellent Day One health insurance. And in our Batesville (union) fleet (I'm in Indianapolis non-union fleet) the milage is .544 but less per diem, so it averages to about the same 58.5. Los Angeles is more. We get vacation the first year, and 10 holidays but only one paid personal day. Only day guaranteed off is Christmas. And a good 401k.

Several times I've started applying at OD so I could be home more. Even a few months ago. Every time I remember all the times Yellow laid me off, and knew if the economy hiccups LTL downsizes. Plus there's 22 yrs of Teamsters in my history from 87-2009 so they probably wouldn't take me anyway.

Where here I have a daylight run and a steady $90k a year. Ran steady indy to Denver to Salt Lake and back weekly for 6 straight yrs. Now indy to El Paso weekly. Assigned equipment, weekly the same (6 month at a time) bids- no contact with management unless theres a problem. Just get your paperwork from your mailbox, hook up and go. No cameras.

Death takes no holidays or weather days. After all the closings and layoffs in my life, I took a job where people are dying for me to work!

Best of luck to all let go. We're hiring and so is Quikway in Shelbyville Ind. (White paper Teamsters). There's still hope of driving jobs.
I do know that from our weekend runs that Texas is always looking for medium mowers for the interstates. Maybe you could do a little of that on your way to
El Paso? I know Billo was banned from there because he wouldn’t pre Trip their mowers....

I guess I should read the whole thread before running my mouth. Right after I posted "a hat?" I saw there were more pages and said ooooohhhhhh, what's next . The I see the Big Kahuna of Hats himself had already posted the question .

I guess I should read the whole thread before running my mouth. Right after I posted "a hat?" I saw there were more pages and said ooooohhhhhh, what's next . The I see the Big Kahuna of Hats himself had already posted the question .

We're gonna let you off with a verbal, this go round.

We only have 90 OTR drivers nationwide combined. We need 2 in Indy, and a as many as they can get in Batesville Ind. Always need more in Los Angeles, Dallas, and Allentown. 86 warehouses in the USA and Canada. Manufacturing plants in Indiana, Tennessee, Mississippi and now Chihuahua. About 350 straight truck drivers. Those don't make squat. Top out a out $22 per hr EVENTUALLY. And they unload 300 lbs caskets. Applications are only thru Batesville website.

OTR pay- each Part taken individually, not so much. But Combined pay of hourly (we get paid every minute of On Duty- fueling, hooking, unloading, delay, etc$16.90), milage .504, and a $40 per night per diem brings it to 58-59 cents per mile, which is your starting pay. We Do have excellent Day One health insurance. And in our Batesville (union) fleet (I'm in Indianapolis non-union fleet) the milage is .544 but less per diem, so it averages to about the same 58.5. Los Angeles is more. We get vacation the first year, and 10 holidays but only one paid personal day. Only day guaranteed off is Christmas. And a good 401k.

Several times I've started applying at OD so I could be home more. Even a few months ago. Every time I remember all the times Yellow laid me off, and knew if the economy hiccups LTL downsizes. Plus there's 22 yrs of Teamsters in my history from 87-2009 so they probably wouldn't take me anyway.

Where here I have a daylight run and a steady $90k a year. Ran steady indy to Denver to Salt Lake and back weekly for 6 straight yrs. Now indy to El Paso weekly. Assigned equipment, weekly the same (6 month at a time) bids- no contact with management unless theres a problem. Just get your paperwork from your mailbox, hook up and go. No cameras.

Death takes no holidays or weather days. After all the closings and layoffs in my life, I took a job where people are dying for me to work!

Best of luck to all let go. We're hiring and so is Quikway in Shelbyville Ind. (White paper Teamsters). There's still hope of driving jobs.
We had a guy in Indy quit Batesville Casket and come over to run linehaul for OD. He loved it here.

Yep. Great guy. Still works for OD- transferred to Fort Worth, I heard.

I wasn't putting my job over yours. I'd love it there too. Just posted info after being asked, cause maybe a guy who was downsized needs a job...
I didn't think you were