Yellow | Layoffs??

They'll have to fire all casuals(ruffly 80) first. You still think the bottom 30% are vulnerable?
I guess I don’t understand where you work? When I worked for Preston and then Yellow, we simply laid off people,, from the bottom up as per the NMFA, and worked them in Seniority order when there was work. Obviously, laid off regulars come before casuals- but why “fire” casuals? They still get offered work IF it comes down to them AFTER all the Laid Off work.

I guess I don’t understand where you work? When I worked for Preston and then Yellow, we simply laid off people,, from the bottom up as per the NMFA, and worked them in Seniority order when there was work. Obviously, laid off regulars come before casuals- but why “fire” casuals? They still get offered work IF it comes down to them AFTER all the Laid Off work.
I don't think they actually "fire" them, they simple tell them they'll call them when they need them. And I guess that's exactly what would happen. But we seem to be doing well here in OKC so I'm not to worried

I don't think they actually "fire" them, they simple tell them they'll call them when they need them. And I guess that's exactly what would happen. But we seem to be doing well here in OKC so I'm not to worried
Any credibility to the rumor that okc got a new hotel with more rooms to accomodate more drivers?

Any credibility to the rumor that okc got a new hotel with more rooms to accomodate more drivers?
I don't know. Today is my Sunday, I'll go to work tomorrow and will let you know, I know for a fact it's the same shuttle company picking linehaul up but I have no idea about the hotel.

When I was working, they didn't fire casuals, they just didn't call them if not needed.