Yellow | Layoffs??

YRC cannot afford ‘hard’ lay-off.
Yeah , be careful about any hard lay off & who's involved ??
d1eb87ed3a1007cce7135c058f57d61d.jpg

Within 30 days you get paid for holidays. So if you just got layoff you get paid for 2 days thanksgiving. Being on layoff and still working may be too protect your board.
Unless your on a hard layoff!We means no call for the present and near future.

Ok so I’m not getting many answers so thought I would ask. I’m laid off but still working ... they say hours won’t change much however I won’t be paid for holidays... what is this called, is this typical of this company... any help would be appreciated.
Casual that's what that's called hang in there driver we all been down this road

Casual that's what that's called hang in there driver we all been down this road
Thanks. I was still able to Join the union and receive my benefits (I think) I guess what I really need to know is .... is this typical of Holland, should I stick it out (I have worked every day so far). This was a big move for my family. And now I don’t know if I should hang around or start looking. I would love to stay because it is a very good place to work as far as I can tell but I don’t know.

Thanks. I was still able to Join the union and receive my benefits (I think) I guess what I really need to know is .... is this typical of Holland, should I stick it out (I have worked every day so far). This was a big move for my family. And now I don’t know if I should hang around or start looking. I would love to stay because it is a very good place to work as far as I can tell but I don’t know.
It gets slow during the winter and picks back up in the spring. If you look at the other ltl companies you will see they are slow also. If you are desperate for cash and unemployment is not cutting it get another job..... I would not quit this one till they call you back. Ya never know you might not like the new one and be able to come back with your company seniority..... if you quit you are starting over again at the bottom.

Learn how to manage your money and stop living paycheck to paycheck , its NOT the company's fault that you can't handle a lay off for few months :6788:

Learn how to manage your money and stop living paycheck to paycheck , its NOT the company's fault that you can't handle a lay off for few months :6788:
That sure sounds harsh! I am guessing you know very little about this brother? I know personally raising a family over the years there have been many times where it was very difficult to handle a layoff even for a short period when the children were young and the wife was staying home with them when they were real little. I know there is an old saying about walking a mile in an Indian's shoes or something like that....be nice!

Not sure I agree with harsh, more like stupid comment about living pay check to pay check.What do expect the guy to believe there is so much BS spread on here about closing and everything else.
You have no idea of his situation to make a comment like that. Maybe last job had bad insurance and he had medical debt, or hundreds of other concerns. Maybe he wants to do what is right and provide for family while wife raises kids.
We had guy at our barn who was always criticizing guys for working hard or working OT, always had his nose up someone else’s butt worrying about them. Well guess what his life was so screwed up by his own making that only way he could feel good was drag others down with him.
Not implying that is the way you are Wong, but maybe we would all better if we swept our own back porch, instead of trying to sweep others.

It gets slow during the winter and picks back up in the spring. If you look at the other ltl companies you will see they are slow also. If you are desperate for cash and unemployment is not cutting it get another job..... I would not quit this one till they call you back. Ya never know you might not like the new one and be able to come back with your company seniority..... if you quit you are starting over again at the bottom.
its only slow because the demoRATS control the House-- imagine where we would be if that didn't happen-- China trade deal --done Canada Mexico trade deal --done new health care deal--done -- a secured southern boarder- Dow Jones over 3000 a economy sky rocketing -- compared all this to -- the DemoRATS controlling the House-- our reality is-- not knowing if we will have our jobs tomorrow and lay offs-- and hearing impeach impeach impeach 24/7-- with President Trump we got a Teamster Union Contract not a MOU with YRCW --a pay raise and extra week payed vacation

YRC cannot afford ‘hard’ lay-off.
i would try to find something else it’s sad but true that this company is going down hill they are closing barns everywhere look at Kmart they started closing stores now they are gone same with Sears hope they make it but it’s not looking good!!!

its only slow because the demoRATS control the House-- imagine where we would be if that didn't happen-- China trade deal --done Canada Mexico trade deal --done new health care deal--done -- a secured southern boarder- Dow Jones over 3000 a economy sky rocketing -- compared all this to -- the DemoRATS controlling the House-- our reality is-- not knowing if we will have our jobs tomorrow and lay offs-- and hearing impeach impeach impeach 24/7-- with President Trump we got a Teamster Union Contract not a MOU with YRCW --a pay raise and extra week payed vacation
:crybaby:

i would try to find something else it’s sad but true that this company is going down hill they are closing barns everywhere look at Kmart they started closing stores now they are gone same with Sears hope they make it but it’s not looking good!!!
The sky's fallen because he said so! Look around you driver Holland hasn't closed any terminals since 2005 what are you smoking man?

:6788::6788:
Not sure I agree with harsh, more like stupid comment about living pay check to pay check.What do expect the guy to believe there is so much BS spread on here about closing and everything else.
You have no idea of his situation to make a comment like that. Maybe last job had bad insurance and he had medical debt, or hundreds of other concerns. Maybe he wants to do what is right and provide for family while wife raises kids.
We had guy at our barn who was always criticizing guys for working hard or working OT, always had his nose up someone else’s butt worrying about them. Well guess what his life was so screwed up by his own making that only way he could feel good was drag others down with him.
Not implying that is the way you are Wong, but maybe we would all better if we swept our own back porch, instead of trying to sweep others.
Not that I have to explain myself but I will. I have a family of 6. I left another career on the promises made by another company. It doesn’t even have anything to do with money it has to do with stability and making sure my family is cared for, even in years to come. I am the last one in at this terminal and not many things have been explained. I’m sorry your having what appears to be a bad day but I hope it gets bette for ya! And I do appreciate the support from you other drivers! Thank you!