Holland | Layoffs

the5tolls

Wait till 2024....we'll show em!
Credits
What do you guys know about layoffs? I have heard rumors from some southern terminals like KN, ME, SG etc. Does anyone know if there are actually layoffs at any of the barns and how many and where? It sure feels like freight is slow enough for layoffs to take place but I hear they are still hiring at some barns.

What do you guys know about layoffs? I have heard rumors from some southern terminals like KN, ME, SG etc. Does anyone know if there are actually layoffs at any of the barns and how many and where? It sure feels like freight is slow enough for layoffs to take place but I hear they are still hiring at some barns.

1JdjqoJ.jpg

Sounds like no more loads are stackin up in the yards

Still hiring Box Truck, Dock and running the Holland Truck driving school as of today in Detroit.

bull.gif
can't hire now ,so hopefully they are not that dumb enough to layoff ,when you have 90% of work force willing to take CC days daily .................

MI is hiring like mad. With what's walking through ththe door, they need five to make one. The TM is the official tour guide when they get a tour. "That's a dock door we have 104 of those, those are forklifts, you just pick the one you want and it's yours"

Going down with the ship!
Talked to a yrc driver a while back. He was upset that 10 years at Holland got me a 9 o'clock start
in a pretty good area. "When we merge you guys are getting stapled on the bottom of our list. I heard it from the BA"

Talked to a yrc driver a while back. He was upset that 10 years at Holland got me a 9 o'clock start
in a pretty good area. "When we merge you guys are getting stapled on the bottom of our list. I heard it from the BA"
of Terminals by Commonly-Owned Separate Employers Covered by this Agreement
Seniority shall be dovetailed when commonly owned separate employers covered by this agreement merge (in a shutdown or partial shutdown) two (2) or more terminals. If, after the dovetail, there is insufficient work at the remaining location(s), the remaining affected employees shall be entitled to all contractual rights including Article 5, Section 5 rights but shall have moving expenses paid as set forth in Article 8, Section 6. For purposes of this entire section, employees shall remain in their previous health and welfare and pension funds. The Employer at the remaining location(s) shall use all efforts to find work opportunity for all displaced employees. All items under this provision shall be contained in an approved Change of Operations Committee decision. All other issues shall be addressed by the Change of Operations Committee

ain’t gonna happen buckwheat.

article 8 Section 6 Nmfc 2019-2024

of Terminals by Commonly-Owned Separate Employers Covered by this Agreement
Seniority shall be dovetailed when commonly owned separate employers covered by this agreement merge (in a shutdown or partial shutdown) two (2) or more terminals. If, after the dovetail, there is insufficient work at the remaining location(s), the remaining affected employees shall be entitled to all contractual rights including Article 5, Section 5 rights but shall have moving expenses paid as set forth in Article 8, Section 6. For purposes of this entire section, employees shall remain in their previous health and welfare and pension funds. The Employer at the remaining location(s) shall use all efforts to find work opportunity for all displaced employees. All items under this provision shall be contained in an approved Change of Operations Committee decision. All other issues shall be addressed by the Change of Operations Committee

ain’t gonna happen buckwheat.

article 8 Section 6 Nmfc 2019-2024
Ain't gonna happen period.... why worry about it... there is nothing that you can do about it anyway.

I believe before a merger of two totally different companies.... it will ALL close. In my opinion.

Ain't gonna happen period.... why worry about it... there is nothing that you can do about it anyway.

I believe before a merger of two totally different companies.... it will ALL close. In my opinion.

Have you not been paying attention.
Right after contract agreed on YRCW came out with info to shareholders on plan.
Scott Ward named to “ Network Optimization”
Position prior to that.
Language in contract for merging.
Dude if they hit you in forehead with a hammer would you believe it then?

Have you not been paying attention.
Right after contract agreed on YRCW came out with info to shareholders on plan.
Scott Ward named to “ Network Optimization”
Position prior to that.
Language in contract for merging.
Dude if they hit you in forehead with a hammer would you believe it then?
Merging of terminals.... not companies.... not saying it is not possible..... but it would be disastrous..... no one would use either company combined together.... two totally different operating systems between them.