Holland | Layoffs

of Terminals by Commonly-Owned Separate Employers Covered by this Agreement
Seniority shall be dovetailed when commonly owned separate employers covered by this agreement merge (in a shutdown or partial shutdown) two (2) or more terminals. If, after the dovetail, there is insufficient work at the remaining location(s), the remaining affected employees shall be entitled to all contractual rights including Article 5, Section 5 rights but shall have moving expenses paid as set forth in Article 8, Section 6. For purposes of this entire section, employees shall remain in their previous health and welfare and pension funds. The Employer at the remaining location(s) shall use all efforts to find work opportunity for all displaced employees. All items under this provision shall be contained in an approved Change of Operations Committee decision. All other issues shall be addressed by the Change of Operations Committee

ain’t gonna happen buckwheat.

article 8 Section 6 Nmfc 2019-2024
I'm reading this different from you.... let's just say for example birchrun closes.... the work is moving to Detroit. Providing you have enough seniority you might be able to follow your work with a change of operations.

If you don't you could 5.5 to another terminal that is hiring.... keeping your company seniority for pay ... vacation. But you will go to the bottom of the board.

I'm reading this different from you.... let's just say for example birchrun closes.... the work is moving to Detroit. Providing you have enough seniority you might be able to follow your work with a change of operations.

If you don't you could 5.5 to another terminal that is hiring.... keeping your company seniority for pay ... vacation. But you will go to the bottom of the board.
Can’t answer, but think about this if they close a terminal, and you move to another terminal, what happens when they move guys in to your new terminal.
Do you hold company seniority for layoffs or your current board seniority?

Can’t answer, but think about this if they close a terminal, and you move to another terminal, what happens when they move guys in to your new terminal.
Do you hold company seniority for layoffs or your current board seniority?

If you take the change of operations you will dovetail in to the same company that you worked for.

For the best answer ask your Stewart. I'm no expert..... I have gone through this though and it is not that complicated.

Merging of terminals.... not companies.... not saying it is not possible..... but it would be disastrous..... no one would use either company combined together.... two totally different operating systems between them.
Key words are,

Key words are.

Seniority shall be dovetailed when commonly owned separate employers covered by this agreement merge (in a shutdown or partial shutdown)
Talk to your Stewart you can read whatever you want into this.
Like I said I'm no expert.

Dovetail the yrc people only. Geez.
Dovetailing update ::: just got out of a Round table meeting today and under article 15 ,subtitle fifteen , it says under new contract rules that ALL Dovetailing will be done by your States driver's license code .

Ain't gonna happen period.... why worry about it... there is nothing that you can do about it anyway.

I believe before a merger of two totally different companies.... it will ALL close. In my opinion.
Wasn't too worried about it.The guy was always grouchy anyways.