Holland | Layoffs

Did they get 2 hours pay for show up[/QUn No you only got paid if you worked. Some terminal mangers would add extra stops to other drivers so they could send one man home. Sometimes they would try to make the drivers working split their lunch hour to get caught up on deliveries. NY/NJ got 1 hour for lunch. I got fired once because I refused to split my lunch hour after they sent the bottom man home. Some times we would take the bottom man out with us and split the day with him. That worked out great because we could teach the new man how we stick together. Of course that was back in 1980s.

We had some cool dispatchers (when slow) that would cross town all the pickups , if you were down the street from the stop they would give it to a driver 10 miles away and vice versa and they would send us to the large accounts to straighten up trailer lot

We had some cool dispatchers (when slow) that would cross town all the pickups , if you were down the street from the stop they would give it to a driver 10 miles away and vice versa and they would send us to the large accounts to straighten up trailer lot
And that there my friend is why this company is in the shape it is to day

Along with that.
Zollars.
Inability to hire smart management.
Ancient work rules.
People not willing to accept change.
Out of date methods of freight handling,loading,and relay.

Ever hear of something called a "loss leader"? It's when a company sells some item at a loss to draw customers in so that they buy additional profitable items. When companies/dispatchers occasionally took care of drivers in the way mentioned it's like a loss leader in that they throw the drivers a bone so that they will remember being treated well and will do a good job down the line. It all works out in the end.

Ever hear of something called a "loss leader"? It's when a company sells some item at a loss to draw customers in so that they buy additional profitable items. When companies/dispatchers occasionally took care of drivers in the way mentioned it's like a loss leader in that they throw the drivers a bone so that they will remember being treated well and will do a good job down the line. It all works out in the end.
Yes , i wanted to mark of sick for horse in around and then dont because in my mind im sayin i dont want to mess up the guys lineup

Our Loss Leader is BACK !!!
th