Cerberus_Kelpie

TB Veteran
Credits
http://www.lazerspot.com/work-at-lazer-spot/

Any of Y'All Heard of/Know of this Company or work a Location or know any Person currently working or has worked a Location?

I've applied through a Company Ad (with intelliapp) for a local position in Greensboro, NC., and have read some interesting and not so good reviews of company and client site operations.
I'll "discover" other vital statistics through a interview Monday 5-07.

Thanks Be To You for divulging good, bad or scary information.
CHEERS!!

Any of Y'All Heard of/Know of this Company or work a Location or know any Person currently working or has worked a Location?

I've applied through a Company Ad (with intelliapp) for a local position in Greensboro, NC., and have read some interesting and not so good reviews of company and client site operations.

CHEERS!!
never heard of them, buy only from what i have read on thier site, seems to be a company that hires drivers to work as spotters at various companies, much like an old fashion driver leasing company would do, like Ryder, etc.

i say go for it, if you want off the road. my best time was with Ryder as a yardman, up until they lost the contract, easy work, decent pay/benefits, easy hours.

i'd "assume" they have company's that they put you at for whatever length of time they have a contract with. the downside (i have been through this) is if they lose the contract, they may have no place for you to go to on a regular basis, and you may have to settle for temp/fill in work till another contract someplace else comes available.

you also may be just as lucky to get in at a company on your own as a yardman, like maybe a grocery store warehouse, which there just has to be some of those down there, a furniture warehouse, like maybe Ashley, or Spring Steel, etc,etc.

less stress as a yarman, and YOU get to tell truckers where to go, as you da boss...yard boss that is...lol

i LOVED that part...!!!!

10-2, 10-4. We've all the usual Companies in and near Greensboro. I wood rather a furniture shop than grocery.

- It might be like stepping out of a fire into a furnace - and I'll know more Monday morning.
Thanks Mate!! CHEERS!! :wavey:

10-2, 10-4. We've all the usual Companies in and near Greensboro. I wood rather a furniture shop than grocery.

- It might be like stepping out of a fire into a furnace - and I'll know more Monday morning.
Thanks Mate!! CHEERS!! :wavey:
whether it was the dunkin donuts D/C, or a former employer, the office communicates via either a walkie talkie or cb radio for the yard moves. the job can be hustle and bustle at times, and over whelming for a newbie, but once you get into a "rhythm" you fall into the job as if you were doing it for like a hundred years.

keep us posted on the out come!!!!!!

CHEERS!!
Are you looking for a local driving job that has you coming in the morning and back that day, or just want out of the usual trucking thing?

GREETINGS othertrucker2001,

- -indirect answer- -Currently working for a Driver Temp to Perm Service named TransForce (been at it since June, '17).
I believe I've been through most of their customers/clients except for those that require 1-3 nights layover as well Full On O.T.R.
I've done some Switching/Yard Jockey work over the last 15 years (usually with a Road Tractor or 10 wheel Day Cab and some hits with a Yard Truck) with most recent experience at Harris Teeter D.C. Greensboro.
(Those Switcher "trucks" were the worst I've ever seen and driven and the onsite truck/trailer shop applying band-aids to compound fractures)

To directly answer your question: YES!
Thanks Mate! CHEERS!!

Last edited:

- -indirect answer- -Currently working for a Driver Temp to Perm Service named TransForce (been at it since June, '17).
I believe I've been through most of their customers/clients except for those that require 1-3 nights layover as well Full On O.T.R.
I've done some Switching/Yard Jockey work over the last 15 years (usually with a Road Tractor or 10 wheel Day Cab and some hits with a Yard Truck) with most recent experience at Harris Teeter D.C. Greensboro.
(Those Switcher "trucks" were the worst I've ever seen and driven and the onsite truck/trailer shop applying band-aids to compound fractures)

Thanks Mate! CHEERS!!

Here are a few categories that might help you.
Concrete truck driver- Deliver to new/existing structures. Hour's are sometimes demanding.
Dump truck driver, check area for rock/sand quarries
Grain hauler
Gas hauler
I worked for a concrete company a few years back. Near my retirement, they asked if I'd be interested in working 2/3 days per week. Working out good for me. Not really hard work either.

Cool.
I had forgotten about Cement Trucks (probably because it seems in Spring-Summer-Fall they like to run 12-14 hours a day at 5, 6, 7 days). There are quite a lot of Cement Companies locally (35 mile radius).
Hauling Cement was a good gig. (The first company had collapsing equipment [and I was finishing up a Part Time local College course] and trying to help their ?mechanic keep the crap floating). The second Cement company got folded into CEMEX which is a few miles from home. Start times are not much different from many Trucking venues.

99.9% of Dump Truck companies, for some odd reason, want experience hauling Asphalt. I've done it. It ain't fun (when cleaning out the bucket), but it IS usually Local. There's one Dump Truck Company that advertises "Sign On Bonus of $1,000.00" AND "Guaranteed Weekly Hours". Such offer sparks some questions like WHY?, HUH?, REALLY?. I have yet to dial it up. Trucks LOOK nice from a distance. Not all Trucks are used every day since I pass by semi-irregularly.
There's a LARGE Martin-Marietta Quarry about 1 mile from our current Home (which might be where those advertised trucks are used).

Not seen any Grain Haulers 'cept in the southern and eastern parts of the state.

Don't have Haz-Mat. or Tanker. H.M. expired June 2012.

LTL isn't a option because of a Class C (car) D.U.I. conviction in '91, 7 years before I upgraded me License. Keystone Freight (that has a LARGE TURNOVER RATE) would not touch me.
- - - -
Thanks othertrucker2001 for the IDEAS-AVENUES-ROUTES!
CHEERS!!

UPDATE:
Interviewed this morning, actually had a good chit-chat session, and it will be M-F 1400-2230 (maybe later a little more on either end). Client has, entire building, maybe 10-12 docks and 2-3 times more Trailers, plus they have a local drop yard.
Location is local, maybe 15 miles, with various routes to travel.
Mainly Switching with a wee bit of very local shuttle (5 miles each way).
Problem:
I do not just quit places to go elsewhere (unless there's no need to be nice like with c. j. trucking), so I'll give 'em a 2 week notice AFTER the 1st day of this possible 2 week deal with the Agency starting 5-10 running a 48' or 53' Skateboard or Curtain Side. That may well be me last gig with 'em.

pro1driver=you also may be just as lucky to get in at a company on your own as a yardman,
8 hour shift Solo WITH a Lunch Break, so Thanks Mate and ALL for putting in the Positive Vibes!

Lazer Spot has no physical location (office) in N.C. Everything is handled from Alpharetta, GA., and the Regional Manager who lives in Charlotte.

CHEERS!!

pro1driver=you also may be just as lucky to get in at a company on your own as a yardman,

if i get onto total disability, and i'm surmising i will, i will not be allowed to work, since i would have been deemed.."disabled"....

but i always liked doing the yardman's work, over driving.

if you stay there, you can go past retirement age. or you can retire, get your SS and work there part time, but be forewarned, the younger guys will bust your chops, not cuz of your age, but because you will have no seniority over them as a part timer, and they will play the alpha male.

so let them get caught (or report them) harassing a senior citizen, and they will be fired.....lol

Thanks Mate! CHEERS!!

That's what you get when the company owner sits in Montreal Canada. I drove for another company he owns and his mechanics were no better then what you find in a bicycle shop.

20_years_to_go: You're referencing Harris-Teeter yes?
If so, their Mechanics are actually quite Good at least at the GNBO location, it's just the equipment (spotter trucks) they work on are BEYOND Service Life and actually are dangerous to drive with worn out suspension parts, bushings, bearings, brake components, steering gears and other needed parts. There's one truck, the second to last time I was there that was running for a WEEK because the Piston Rings were so worn out there wasn't enough Compression from the starter turning to ignite (no idea HOW it was started but was told to NOT shut it off), and that truck is maybe still operating and the FUMES from the Engine Vent Tube (which had been extended to just past the second drive axle) will knock you over or make ya a bit sick.
I'm DONE with that place as well.
>>I just got a call from TransForce about working tonight at harris-teeter and I told her "I'm actually scared of those trucks and I'll pass on any more "opportunities" at h. t. d. c."<<
- - - -
I'm confident I'll be discovering Monday morning what steps are to be completed (beyond a drug test). Corey (Regional Manager) is filling in on second shift till someone gets hired and it's appearing that I'm the only contestant. He as well during the "interview/chat session" asked if I could start part time (and to me part time is 1-39 hours) and of course I agreed.
I don't care how hot or cold it gets as such opportunity overrides weather and a 8 hour shift (with a Lunch Break) will be very weird yet like othertrucker2001, I'll blend in.
- - - -
pro1driver: I'm not concerned about the younger folk giving me :::shit::: because I'm sure I've backed more miles than they've done forward, so it's all good.
- - - -
Updates as I'm updated:wavey:.
- - - -
CHEERS!!

Last edited:
20_years_to_go: You're referencing Harris-Teeter yes?
If so, their Mechanics are actually quite Good at least at the GNBO location, it's just the equipment (spotter trucks) they work on are BEYOND Service Life and actually are dangerous to drive with worn out suspension parts, bushings, bearings, brake components, steering gears and other needed parts. There's one truck, the second to last time I was there that was running for a WEEK because the Piston Rings were so worn out there wasn't enough Compression from the starter turning to ignite (no idea HOW it was started but was told to NOT shut it off), and that truck is maybe still operating and the FUMES from the Engine Vent Tube (which had been extended to just past the second drive axle) will knock you over or make ya a bit sick.
I'm DONE with that place as well.
>>I just got a call from TransForce about working tonight at harris-teeter and I told her "I'm actually scared of those trucks and I'll pass on any more "opportunities" at h. t. d. c."<<
- - - -
I'm confident I'll be discovering Monday morning what steps are to be completed (beyond a drug test). Corey (Regional Manager) is filling in on second shift till someone gets hired and it's appearing that I'm the only contestant. He as well during the "interview/chat session" asked if I could start part time (and to me part time is 1-39 hours) and of course I agreed.
I don't care how hot or cold it gets as such opportunity overrides weather and a 8 hour shift (with a Lunch Break) will be very weird yet like othertrucker2001, I'll blend in.
- - - -
pro1driver: I'm not concerned about the younger folk giving me ::::shit:::: because I'm sure I've backed more miles than they've done forward, so it's all good.
- - - -
Updates as I'm updated:wavey:.
- - - -
CHEERS!!
Nope it's not Harris-teeter
This buyout took place around 2015 and I know for a fact the owner of trans force ( Canada ) bought this company for a song because the original owner was millions in debt
And yes the mechanics in most of the terminals sucked unless you needed a tire changed

I am in Denver, Pa. I see Lazer Spot in town. They do work for Pepperidge Farms. He uses the Ottawa from the plant to an off site warehouse. And I have seen it leaving the Albertsons (think that is who they are this week) D.C. Stops at Turkey Hill for his fuel and coffee. I do know Pepperidge uses Ryder for their trucks