XPO | Lead Driver , Lead Dockworker

icuicp

TB Veteran
Credits
I know of these titles , but have zero idea what goes on or what's required of those with the title.

Any information about the details of being a lead would be helpful , thank you in advance.

It’s a name given to He or She who is most willing to take on the responsibilities of management for no additional compensation. Sometimes they are self appointed . Some would call them a sucker or Brown nose but I chose to refrain from that in order to not offend anyone.

In my experience, a lead (dockworker or driver) has the ability to run a sector on a FAC or in some cases, a inbound or outbound shift. As OV-10 said, no additional compensation.
You don't view Lead positions as suck-up , or brown nosing prizes?

I'm only asking because this is my impression from what OV wrote.

And probably very good at solving problems that a regular super may not be able to solve, like stacking,stripping and staging freight. And has computer access, and knowledge of XPO programs.
Yes. Covers fos on vacations and covered when one has a medical emergency.

In my entire time at CCX,Con-Way and XPO our barn has never had a position titled as Lead. I Know that smaller terminals in our region that don’t have an FOS use drivers in their place as a money saving option.

It’s a name given to He or She who is most willing to take on the responsibilities of management for no additional compensation. Sometimes they are self appointed . Some would call them a sucker or Brown nose but I chose to refrain from that in order to not offend anyone.

Absolutely incredible that an organization and personnel wizard like yourself is driving a Freightliner.

The best driver and HR man in America, drawing a check from XPO. Amazing.

For about three years before the merger with Yellow, Roadway started a program ( I forget the official name ) where we Teamsters worked without a supervisor.
We at Roadway ABQ. worked the inbound and outbound shifts without
supervision. When we would re-bid, one of the bids was being in the office and setting everything up and handling all the bills etc. etc.
Seemed like 95% of we Teamsters liked the program. There were others who were against it.

For about three years before the merger with Yellow, Roadway started a program ( I forget the official name ) where we Teamsters worked without a supervisor.
supervision. When we would re-bid, one of the bids was being in the office and setting everything up and handling all the bills etc. etc.
Seemed like 95% of we Teamsters liked the program. There were others who were against
Seemed like 95% of we Teamsters liked the program. There were others who were against it.
Roadway in Binghamton New York did the same thing about 12 years ago. Small barn maybe 16 doors

In my entire time at CCX,Con-Way and XPO our barn has never had a position titled as Lead. I Know that smaller terminals in our region that don’t have an FOS use drivers in their place as a money saving option.
So how is a money saving opinion. An FOS is paid a salary, where a driver is paid hourly with OT. FOS about 60K flat, a driver around 67K without OT