XPO | Lead Driver , Lead Dockworker

At our place our leads do fill in when the FOS is off, but they also help him when he there. Our Ob lead is able to close loads getting us LH out on time. IB can make changes to city runs and close city loads he also can do city dispatch and when we had a rash of bad city dispatcher all the driver would rather have him running the show.
As for extra pay I can't say yes or no on that, but they do get OT and even when freight is slow they were still getting 11+hrs while everyone else was getting just 8

Last edited:
You don't view Lead positions as suck-up , or brown nosing prizes?

I'm only asking because this is my impression from what OV wrote.
I can see where this would be true, but not the leads that I know. Maybe they do it because they want to move into management. We had a young dockworker go from regular dockworker to fos in his first year. I don’t think we have any leads at all at my barn.

For about three years before the merger with Yellow, Roadway started a program ( I forget the official name ) where we Teamsters worked without a supervisor.
We at Roadway ABQ. worked the inbound and outbound shifts without
supervision. When we would re-bid, one of the bids was being in the office and setting everything up and handling all the bills etc. etc.
Seemed like 95% of we Teamsters liked the program. There were others who were against it.
That is how my Roadway terminal was.....we had a morning dock supervisor, but in the afternoon we scanned our bills and canadian paperwork, loaded the trailers and manifested them...

For about three years before the merger with Yellow, Roadway started a program ( I forget the official name ) where we Teamsters worked without a supervisor.
supervision. When we would re-bid, one of the bids was being in the office and setting everything up and handling all the bills etc. etc.
Seemed like 95% of we Teamsters liked the program. There were others who were against it.
and it probably ran smoother without any supervisor

That is how my Roadway terminal was.....we had a morning dock supervisor, but in the afternoon we scanned our bills and canadian paperwork, loaded the trailers and manifested them...
Were the trailers 102 also? Were they allowed in Elmira?

Wasn’t it called, Employee Empowerment?

The first paycheck since the spinoff and the company is not following their usual pattern and having a pending deposit by Friday afternoon.

I hope this is an isolated incident.