XPO | Lean Journey Update

Derp

TB Lurker
Credits
Any lean success stories out there? I mean a real problem or challenge at your yard that was improved based on the local workers' input. What about a real problem or challenge that you think might affect the entire company? Has anyone sent a suggestion up to the top? Has it been adopted? What is your impression of lean so far? Is it useful? Could it be more useful? What are the problems with our lean system up til now? What has been working well with lean so far?

Any lean success stories out there? I mean a real problem or challenge at your yard that was improved based on the local workers' input. What about a real problem or challenge that you think might affect the entire company? Has anyone sent a suggestion up to the top? Has it been adopted? What is your impression of lean so far? Is it useful? Could it be more useful? What are the problems with our lean system up til now? What has been working well with lean so far?[/QUOTE]:thread::fingure::couch:

I haven't seen any progress with lean, just a bunch of meetings, posters, and signs. I was hopeful that there had been some meaningful developments somewhere. In theory, lean can make any organization better, if it is used to expose problems and fix them. I don't see that happening, though.

And you won't either... It's a bunch of crap, wastes money and time and the only thing that happens is the boss mans do boys get well and everyone else picks up the slack. Stupidest thing I've ever seen a company undertake.

I have seen lean Waste a lot of Money On Dumb **** Trash Can Circles has to be the top ten Dumbest things they have done to date !! Really paint a ******* Circle around a can that's been in that very spot for 20 or 30 plus years if ya don't know where the hell it goes after that length of time ya never will and no damned Circle going to help ya find it either !!

Trash can paint circles! Exactly! How much effort is going into measures such as this? Way too much! How much value do things like that add to our operation? Little to none! For all the time and effort being put into lean, I don't see the point.

Maybe it is unfair to say at this point, but I think lean is the current version of the conway race truck. The company will go on talking about what a good thing it is long after everyone else sees it for the waste that it is.

I tell ya what, until they put the 'fuel island' sign over the fuel island I ran 10 trucks out of fuel not knowing where to take the blasted thing and put fuel in it!

Maybe it is unfair to say at this point, but I think lean is the current version of the conway race truck. The company will go on talking about what a good thing it is long after everyone else sees it for the waste that it is.

when you say the same thing after a while you start to believe it. Then when you can massage the numbers to appear that its working, then you're in for many more trash can circles!

I'd be happy to share two. First there was this big green thing parked inn front of door 1. They put a sign over it that said "compactor". Second, guys were having a tough time knowing which trash can went to which door. They put numbers on every trash can to help out.

If I hadn't of read it here, I'd thought the circles were disciplinary measure locations to send a dsr for time-out