R&L | Lease Drivers

done wrong

TB Lurker
Credits
Heard today that all drivers hired from this point on are going to be lease drivers. They will be hired through Paramount Logistics. Something like Class A will start at 16-16:20 per hour. That's not even decent money to work the dock. What's the word around other terminals if any???
Later...

Heard today that all drivers hired from this point on are going to be lease drivers. They will be hired through Paramount Logistics. Something like Class A will start at 16-16:20 per hour. That's not even decent money to work the dock. What's the word around other terminals if any???
Later...

o/b lead, by saying lease drivers, does this mean they will be hired from a temporary service? I haven't heard anything about this....

I haven't heard a word about any of this down here in Texas. I've seen a Paramount O/O bring a set in a few times, but none of our teams or L/H guys have been affected at all.

All future drivers will be hired under the Paramount leasing name.Pay rate is lower,they will pay more for the same benefits and will have to wait till the end of the probation period to get them.The only plus for them over us is they will get more personal days.

sounds to me like the r&l drivers are being phased out, for some one that knows how to do the dock work and p/d and line hual for lower pay from what are tm told us , although he did say that doing this was protecting us how I don,t know. I still feel like a big target for all the paramont drivers.:TR10driving03:

It's gonna turn into a BIG us vs them and you'll see a lotta back stabbing and throwing under the bus . As well as very POOR Morale . This my friends is the beginning of the end . Cause before long they'll have all this cheap labor that just won't care cause "They aren't paying me enough for this S*** " and the Customers won't stay around long for that

I agree with you there.It doesn't sit right with me.I'm not sure why.If they want to save money so bad stop racing the car and stop running the tractors pulls.Budget problem solved.Oh and maybe teaching these billing people what is necessary on a bill so we don't have 4 pages of nonsense that just wastes paper.

I don't know what to think.Is our jobs safe?What are they going to hold these damn write ups over our heads by using the new paramount as a threat?We should not be woundering if our jobs are going to be there the next morning.
I've been here almost 2 years and have seen a turn around of drivers,dock,ect
What do they think is going to happing with the cheap labor?They are going to come and go before any of us know who they were.Like all of you R/L drivers I
hope that our jobs will be safe.We will have to see what the future holds.Drivers try not to let this beat you guys all up.Wait it could go back the way it was,and be better.I am trying to think that there is a bright side.

Ive been mulling it over in my head and another reason that they didn't do anything to the present drivers is because they are afraid it would bring in the horsemen if they screwed us hard right off the bat so go easy on us at first.

Oh boy shadow I hope that is not true.You know just trying to look at the good side and it is hard becouse Idid not see one yet but I will keep on trying

Ill support the company and continue to work hard for them but if they screw us Ill be the first one the sign the card.

Later...
Is this about the O/O teams and drivers to move freight.... Or are you saying that new city and L/H drivers will be Paramount?????

Yeah, from the information given to me all drivers hired from this point on, city or L/H will be leased (so to speak) from Paramount Logistics. Again, starting rate for a Class A around $16-16:50 per. As far as the O/O teams it's hard to say with any accuracy since I go only go by what I see at our barn. Like I said earlier though I use to get teams in everynight to move overflow frt, now it's like pulling teeth to get one to come through.
I have had only one team in about a month's time.
I don't know if it's too early for everybody to start worrying about their jobs, being replaced what-have-you but you can only think that if our terminals have some less then stellar drivers/combo why would they keep them around when you can get somebody to fill that slot for as much up to 9.00 less per hour.

No one up here can work for $16.20 and hour.I Think that was a busted Idea and that guy got fired for even thinking of it. If he didn't get fired he should!!!! I did hear Wilmington got a couple guys for that rate.We are using a few guys from an outside leasing company,and I believe they get 19 an hour from their company while R&L pays their company 45.00 an hour for their services, and both driver and company get time and a half after 8 hours. A lot cheaper than just hiring two new R&L drivers.