ODFL | Leave the phone alone

Thinking this is how I feel about driving in winter now. Not sure I’ll be driving in snow this year. Might be time for me to stay home with the rest of our fair weather guys.
There is nothing wrong with being a "fair weather" driver, anytime you go out in bad weather the only thing you are doing is putting your good driving record at risk....and for what? you get an atta boy if you make it unscathed....and a letter and scolding (saying you should have known better) if you have a mishap.....not worth it to me....

We've lost 6 drivers in the past week. Three were terminated and the other three quit. All were due to the cameras. There's more getting ready to quit. Morale at my terminal is by far the worst I've ever seen. We're completely buried in freight and can't hire any new drivers. They've got a sign up sheet in dispatch begging guys to run a 6th day. I was always an extra day runner but I told them I'm not doing it with the camera.
Are they offering any incentive to further put your home life on hold for that 6th day? Hell no!!! You already have to hunt them down for any little extra work you do such as extra d/h out of route miles shop time break down time (10$) ha ha what a joke.

There is nothing wrong with being a "fair weather" driver, anytime you go out in bad weather the only thing you are doing is putting your good driving record at risk....and for what? you get an atta boy if you make it unscathed....and a letter and scolding (saying you should have known better) if you have a mishap.....not worth it to me....
As I said before, they called me Panama Hat, but I've fought my share of blizzards and chaining-up on my Fla run.
Those mountain passes were hell.

Look in the air brake section of your state CDL book. The wig wag is still mentioned as a possible low air warning device, and 2 people who recently had to take their written tests said it was on the test,and they both got it wrong because they never heard of it.
Tri is old enough to recall when the wiper had a little handle, so you could reach up and turn when it hung up.

Exactly! 20-30yrs of old habits dont break over night…though the job could end that fast, now. Dispatch will have hell to deal with to cause i wont hang up with someone to answer their calls…since i can tap answer on my phone now. If i click my button on the headset to answer, itd hang up on the first line im on. Nope…then sending messages and pickups to get on my way to my rt…nope. Not anymore. Call or get lost. And if im on the phone when they call…im not hanging up. They want us to be perfect robots but we cant be that. This camera bs has be sick to my stomach. I absolutely loved this job when i started now i hate it. Its only about the money for me now. Morale is garbage now company wide. For the record..out new safety guy that replaced Faucett came from Walmart. And weve all heard how bad they were to their drivers. Everyone hated driving there. Now he’s our guy…
If you're using a blueparrot, double tap to answer a call while on a call. It puts the first call on hold. Double tap to return BEFORE the person you're talking to can hangup. Hope this helps.

Pretty much all the break bulks have let multiple ppl go. It’s an unfairly introduced and enforced policy and going to lead to dramatic driver shortage by the spring … corporate don’t care. The locals care, can not get through to the suits that ppl are scared to come to work because we all are targets to get fired at anytime anymore. New reason for termination everyday. As they are rolling them out to all the trucks they’ll fire so many people they will not be able to train enough people off the dock fast enough to replace. Its crazy. Everyone job shopping and starting process to buy trucks.

We've lost 6 drivers in the past week. Three were terminated and the other three quit. All were due to the cameras. There's more getting ready to quit. Morale at my terminal is by far the worst I've ever seen. We're completely buried in freight and can't hire any new drivers. They've got a sign up sheet in dispatch begging guys to run a 6th day. I was always an extra day runner but I told them I'm not doing it with the camera.
Exactly what is going to happen company wide. Itll dump more del/pu on city guys and more loads not able to get moved by lh. I think this is going to end up being a fail on their part. We are pushed to almost having to be in a constant hurry and corner cutting. With these tattling on following too close or whatever may need to happen to get that pu in time. Weve all done it. Cant do that no more. All the stopping on the shoulder to check what our handheld received or to call a residential. All time killers. Let a city guy get fired and thats more freight to dump between those thats left. Itll be like an upside down funnel before long. I to also ran weekends when needed or just wanted some extra cash…not no more…not worth the risk to me know. Sorry…but they created it. Deal with it…

Pretty much all the break bulks have let multiple ppl go. It’s an unfairly introduced and enforced policy and going to lead to dramatic driver shortage by the spring … corporate don’t care. The locals care, can not get through to the suits that ppl are scared to come to work because we all are targets to get fired at anytime anymore. New reason for termination everyday. As they are rolling them out to all the trucks they’ll fire so many people they will not be able to train enough people off the dock fast enough to replace. Its crazy. Everyone job shopping and starting process to buy trucks.
And they wont tell us nothing about them at all!! What triggers it? Does it record 24/7? Is it key activated? Lane change activated? 10’ or 300’ from a car we are following? NOTHING!! That makes this whole thing that much worse!! I feel like a coal miner working for the old company store! We arent sh#t but a number now! More so than ever before! This company has turned for the worst as fast as this country has! I never that id see this day where id fear to get in a truck like i am now. I NEED this job! There is no jobs around me that pay like this!! Nothing…

And they wont tell us nothing about them at all!! What triggers it? Does it record 24/7? Is it key activated? Lane change activated? 10’ or 300’ from a car we are following? NOTHING!! That makes this whole thing that much worse!! I feel like a coal miner working for the old company store! We arent sh#t but a number now! More so than ever before! This company has turned for the worst as fast as this country has! I never that id see this day where id fear to get in a truck like i am now. I NEED this job! There is no jobs around me that pay like this!! Nothing…
Just wait until they decide to take that sticker off the driver facing camera ( and they will) it will be really interesting then. Also, If you had any lingering thoughts that this company gave 2 sh*#* about you, we got nothing, zero, zilch for driver appreciation week, not even a “Thank You”. What we did get was a message on our handhelds that we need to do more bcuz we’re so behind.
OD just had its most profitable quarter in history. Who do they think delivered all those “PROMISES” Hahagahaha

In 14 years of LTL driving, I can count on one hand the number of atta boys I’ve gotten. The second I screw up, I definitely hear about that though.
In 1956 we got atta boys, cook-outs, hot dogs, fish frys, the whole 9 yards.
In 1957 we joined the Teamsters, never saw another hot dog, atta boy, or anything until they closed the doors in 1990.
All good things come to an end!

In 1956 we got atta boys, cook-outs, hot dogs, fish frys, the whole 9 yards.
In 1957 we joined the Teamsters, never saw another hot dog, atta boy, or anything until they closed the doors in 1990.
All good things come to an end!
Didn't you get a camera, a cooler, hats, etc? I did. Maybe you forgot and they're buried in some of the Mason jars out back.

With all this vax and camera bs going on here now at my terminal…morale is in trash!! If they trust us, then why spy on us? I feel this is too invassive and quite honest…i feel like my job is going to be on the line with every breath i take. Im in fear of my job knowing this is coming. I also use my gps for the satellite views and to see road names on these hollers and backroads. Most dont have road signs and this is a huge help. Bad thing is the phone goes to sleep after a few minutes and i will tap it to keep in awake. Cant even do that now with this if i wanna keep my job. There just arent paying jobs around here like this. I make 3x what i’ve made at my best paying job before here. I dont care about the driving part of it but its nice to see how to approach instead of…oh oh. I came in the wrong way…and end up blindside back out onto a busy street because we mess up or similar events like so. I feel like this company isnt about the driver or employee at all anymore. Straight company!! I also feel this will backfire as to how many will lose their job in the middle of all this driver shortage going on. The quality of people here are stellar compared to who could be replacing some. I think the quality of drivers will job get horrible, fast.
There was a reason they had their little hiring spree.