ODFL | Leave the phone alone

They posted a new LYTX propaganda video on the Workday app. Their still not being upfront about what all the triggered events are or where the parameters are set. That's what is p^^^ing me off. That's just trying to catch guys and not educate them. I laughed at the video when they said OD is a family and they want to protect us. What a joke.

They posted a new LYTX propaganda video on the Workday app. Their still not being upfront about what all the triggered events are or where the parameters are set. That's what is p^^^ing me off. That's just trying to catch guys and not educate them. I laughed at the video when they said OD is a family and they want to protect us. What a joke.
Exactly! We learn from the now former employees mistake…if theyll tell us before they leave the property that is. I feel like a coalminer way back in the day working for “The Company Store”. They were slavehands and peasants. Just a number. OD is clearing crushing the moral like never before, and FAST! This job use to be great…now im just waiting for the next survey…itll be bad company wide!

So, if you are sitting in a back up and use your phone to see what’s going on…. Fired ?
NO. From watching a video on 'workday', man that app SUCKS! lol only if you activate the camera can they 'catch' you. Sitting in a backup, camera won't be activated. Also, watching the video, that 'driver' was actually HOLDING his phone. I NEVER do that. I have a dock, as most drivers do, and only use it to change sirius/xm stations(since I use the app).

I saw that video too. It did mention about 4 things that'll 'activate' the camera, but below those 4 things it said, other risks(or something along those lines)....so what ALL makes the camera 'activated'? Also, a video posted before that one, showed a driver out of GBO being 'coached'(showing how the coaching sessions work). So how many times are you 'coached' before you are terminated? I'm willing to bet there will be guys that are constantly 'coached' and are actually very good drivers.

Post Of The Day!!!! Watched a newbie hook onto 1, yes 1 empty. Total time was 16 minutes. No Pretrip, just hook, do the lines, and raise the landing gear. That took 7 minutes, the rest of the time was on his cell texting. I’m thinking about video taping and letting my TM watch some movies. But why bother, they’ll probably give newbie a 2.0.
I can believe it! Way back when I first started driving(10 years ago), my trainer and I saw a guy take 45 minutes just to get to his truck, in the fuel island, climb up into his truck(he had steps built into his steps), move all of his newly purchased snacks around, not to mention his 120 OZ (Yes, 120 OZ!!!) drink needed to be on his dash. Took him a total of 10 whole minutes just to adjust his steering wheel. (we were taking our 10 in GA) before he even left the fuel island. I didn't mention he was about 450 lbs....and once he climbed into his truck, it took him about 5 minutes to catch his breath from all the walking and climbing into his truck.

In 1956 we got atta boys, cook-outs, hot dogs, fish frys, the whole 9 yards.
In 1957 we joined the Teamsters, never saw another hot dog, atta boy, or anything until they closed the doors in 1990.
All good things come to an end!
yeah, but by 1958 Hoffa and Bobby Kennedy were at it!

I can believe it! Way back when I first started driving(10 years ago), my trainer and I saw a guy take 45 minutes just to get to his truck, in the fuel island, climb up into his truck(he had steps built into his steps), move all of his newly purchased snacks around, not to mention his 120 OZ (Yes, 120 OZ!!!) drink needed to be on his dash. Took him a total of 10 whole minutes just to adjust his steering wheel. (we were taking our 10 in GA) before he even left the fuel island. I didn't mention he was about 450 lbs....and once he climbed into his truck, it took him about 5 minutes to catch his breath from all the walking and climbing into his truck.
Travelled with an over weight permit too.

I'd rather not be specific but it's one of the largest breaks in the company
Dallas has fired several, our regional Safety manager Brian McLintosh said 10 total in Dallas. Two in line haul that I know personally.

They posted two videos on workday about phones & driver reflection Also one about coaching events. Dallas regional safety manager also held several meetings on the 29th from 6pm-2am for line haul drivers

NO. From watching a video on 'workday', man that app SUCKS! lol only if you activate the camera can they 'catch' you. Sitting in a backup, camera won't be activated. Also, watching the video, that 'driver' was actually HOLDING his phone. I NEVER do that. I have a dock, as most drivers do, and only use it to change sirius/xm stations(since I use the app).
Curious if you’re sitting in a backup on your phone and the truck in front of you rolls back into you how they’d handle it.
Or god forbid a major catastrophe happens and the 3-4 vehicle safety buffer behind you gets blasted by a big truck at 75 mph and pushed into you…

There’s always a way for safety to make things your fault…

Curious if you’re sitting in a backup on your phone and the truck in front of you rolls back into you how they’d handle it.
Or god forbid a major catastrophe happens and the 3-4 vehicle safety buffer behind you gets blasted by a big truck at 75 mph and pushed into you…

There’s always a way for safety to make things your fault…
once again, if you are HOLDING your phone, they will catch you and fire you. DO NOT HOLD THE PHONE! Simple as that. smh

once again, if you are HOLDING your phone, they will catch you and fire you. DO NOT HOLD THE PHONE! Simple as that. smh
I was already replying to your post when YOU said you would NOT be fired for being on your phone parked in a backup by offering situations where the camera could still be activated. Now you’re screaming that you can be fired which ironically was the point I was trying to make.
Simple as that…SMH

I was already replying to your post when YOU said you would NOT be fired for being on your phone parked in a backup by offering situations where the camera could still be activated. Now you’re screaming that you can be fired which ironically was the point I was trying to make.
Simple as that…SMH
LOL man, can you understand English?! IF you are in a backup, you are basically parked(Considering you aren't moving). However, you CAN NOT HOLD your phone! As I have said, if you have a 'dock' for your phone, you can touch it, but don't go texting. Sure you can push to call someone, but don't pick the damn phone up and HOLD IT. smdh

LOL man, can you understand English?! IF you are in a backup, you are basically parked(Considering you aren't moving). However, you CAN NOT HOLD your phone! As I have said, if you have a 'dock' for your phone, you can touch it, but don't go texting. Sure you can push to call someone, but don't pick the damn phone up and HOLD IT. smdh
Better than that, TAP the button on your Bluetooth headset and say, Call......and say who you want to call.

In all reality, if you're sitting in a backup, before you pull out your phone, POP THOSE BRAKES ON. As far as phone calls and text messenger, they can be done thru the headset. I know that emails can be sent thru the headset, but not sure about reading them thru the headset. Tap that button on your headset and say....read my text messages. you may have to enable that in setting first. Most of the time,, I leave my phone in my bag of crap that I carry everywhere I go. Other times I keep it in the dash by the speedometer, just so I can see it because sometimes I flip my headset off my ear. That B450t gets suctioned down on my ear and I can't see what I'm saying.

Not taking sides here, but it’s amazing the posts, complaints, bitching, “I’ll quit”, and so forth about a federal law applying to truck drivers using a phone while driving. It’s like no one can function at their job anymore without playing on their phone every10 minutes. Some worry more about having their headset just perfect, than doing a pretrip.

Not taking sides here, but it’s amazing the posts, complaints, bitching, “I’ll quit”, and so forth about a federal law applying to truck drivers using a phone while driving. It’s like no one can function at their job anymore without playing on their phone every10 minutes. Some worry more about having their headset just perfect, than doing a pretrip.
:1036316054: :1036316054::clapping:

:1036316054::1036316054:We had a driver at the concrete plant that COULD NOT put his phone down. An anonymous person sent us a video of him driving the mixer truck with his phone in his face. Three days later his Mom showed up crying that he lost his job just before his wife shipped out to Afghanistan. When I showed her the video, her response was, "So what? He was talking to his wife. I pulled out the agreement he signed that said he knew the dangers of having a phone on his hand and driving. He didn't get the $2750.00 fine, but he did get fired. I kindly reminded her that had he gotten that ticket, he still would have been fired and added, "He's LUCKY he only got fired."