Estes | Lets bring this back to life..

Estands4evil

TB Lurker
Credits
Just sitting around doing some thinking..and I'm not exactly sure what's going on at everyone elses terminal. Here @ 024 there are some minor changes that aren't really being talked about. With those changes and the announcement of us dissolving our "partnership" with Lakeville, I'm kind of getting the feeling, we as a company are positioning ourselves for a buyout. From what I've been told, by a few guys around my terminal. They are taking a lot of trucks out of service, and have put quite a few of the older ones up for sale. Even going as far as to strip them of all Estes markings. I know they do that with old trucks that they can't get parts for anymore, or are just plain worn out, but the trucks that I've been told are "up for sale" are viable city trucks. They look good and run alright, at least good enough to peddle with. Then again, they might just be trying to shrink some overhead on trucks that aren't running. Who knows, I could be completely off base with my assumption, but is it so far fetched? Anyone else see anything out of the norm? Management's kind of getting away from pushing production #'s which they typically do when we're slow (instead of when we're busy, which I'll never understand that either), and starting to push quality a bit more than they have in the past. Add to that a heavy influx of new load bars, and better dunnage supplies. I'm not saying they've abandoned production results, just seems to be less focus on it. Just my 2 cents, hope everyone's safe out there.

Do you guys have the Tommy T. BS at your term. Just started out in the west and seems to be a lot more pressure on making numbers and less about customer service. Just my opinion.

Just sitting around doing some thinking..and I'm not exactly sure what's going on at everyone elses terminal. Here @ 024 there are some minor changes that aren't really being talked about. With those changes and the announcement of us dissolving our "partnership" with Lakeville, I'm kind of getting the feeling, we as a company are positioning ourselves for a buyout. From what I've been told, by a few guys around my terminal. They are taking a lot of trucks out of service, and have put quite a few of the older ones up for sale. Even going as far as to strip them of all Estes markings. I know they do that with old trucks that they can't get parts for anymore, or are just plain worn out, but the trucks that I've been told are "up for sale" are viable city trucks. They look good and run alright, at least good enough to peddle with. Then again, they might just be trying to shrink some overhead on trucks that aren't running. Who knows, I could be completely off base with my assumption, but is it so far fetched? Anyone else see anything out of the norm? Management's kind of getting away from pushing production #'s which they typically do when we're slow (instead of when we're busy, which I'll never understand that either), and starting to push quality a bit more than they have in the past. Add to that a heavy influx of new load bars, and better dunnage supplies. I'm not saying they've abandoned production results, just seems to be less focus on it. Just my 2 cents, hope everyone's safe out there.

I have seen a memo about the quality of our service to certain customers. The customers are upset with our handling of thier products. Times are tight so we better be able to deliver shipments intact and at a lower cost. Funny this never seamed to be a great concern before from what I have seen.

Let's just put it this way... the hammer is coming down very soon @ 024. Just when it seemed they weren't pushing #'s, they come out and start laying all sorts of ::shit:: on the line. More to come about this when I have the time... oh also heard @ 053 all dockmen were layed off, 10 city drivers were layed off, and 2 dock sups were demoted from salary to hourly so they can work the dock. Guess the guys in Philly can thank old Rob E for opening that Pennsauken terminal and stealing all their freight, instead of just hiring a few more guys for the Philly terminal. Now that I think about what I just heard, I'm wondering if there may have been some sort of rumblings about the U there... I'd never put anything past Richmond and our fearless, heartless leaders there.:nutkick:

Hey E, I was told something last night by fellow line driver that is being promoted to upstairs as regional safety director, and it caused me to think long and hard about his comment. "There are going to be some more changes coming." Like what I asked. "Estes is expanding." And your point. "So are we." Don't know and I really don't want to know. It just had me baffled all night.

I drive for a company that was mentioned in one of your other threads, "Is Estes for sale." Also this driver I talked to just returned from national headquarters back in N.C. for training.

But it could be just idle talk.

What I would like to belive is,the suits in Richmond that read this site(and we all know they do)are taking all the viable complaints under consideration, I know at my term. we have been cut to the bone but,some of the things Iv been *****ing about for the past two years are being addressed(pricing and damaged freight)I just hope this last when all hell breaks loose in about three weeks or so when freight levels pick up.As far as o53 is concerned Iv been hearing for a long time they have been a problem child for a long time, but that is still alot of guys to let go just before spring.I think who ever is trying to streamline Estes is serious about obtaining the #s they want.If you look at all the other LTLs their doing the same.I belive we are being conditioned boys and girls for a new way of doing things.Everybody stay safe.

I asked one of the supervisors about the numbers game we are playing, and he told me that they were given a daily report card on how they are doing on attaining all the goals, and he told me that the same report card is the one that is used to determine the quarterly bonuses for the terminal managers....so I believe that we are working towards their bonus rather than keeping the company afloat.....just my opinion

I asked one of the supervisors about the numbers game we are playing, and he told me that they were given a daily report card on how they are doing on attaining all the goals, and he told me that the same report card is the one that is used to determine the quarterly bonuses for the terminal managers....so I believe that we are working towards their bonus rather than keeping the company afloat.....just my opinion
What ever keeps me in a truck peddling freight,and not from nothing its about time some of these TMs start earning those bonuses.

I was wondering about that myself..Here @ 024 we seem busier than we were last year. We started lay off last year in November of 06 and they trickled down into early 07. We haven't heard anything of layoffs until now. So either we didnt bring back as many guys (which i think we did) or they are worried about their bonuses.