Yellow | Lets count up the votes in this poll

how will you vote

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I can only speak for my own terminal........

I think that most of us not only voted yes, but also started to work harder, with the acknowledgment of how bad this company was hurting. As a group, I feel that we really tried to help pull this company out of the mess that they got us into, in an attempt to also save our jobs. (and our terminal numbers reflected our efforts) We were not happy with the cuts, but like I stated on here before......I was willing to sacrifice, and give them one chance to change their failing business practices.

When they came back for more concessions, I voted no, because they had used up their one chance that I was willing to give them. They still hadn't changed their failing business practices. But the majority had spoken, and I was in the minority, so I swallowed my pride and continued to bust my ass for the Company, because the majority had spoken. Out of respect for my Brothers, and their decision, I continued to bust it. Still watching the failed business practices each day.

Now they are back for more concessions, which I will vote NO on again. From what I hear around the junk yard, most of my brothers have thrown in the towel this time. We still see the same failed business practices that YRCW has shoved down our throat, and they refuse to change. Therefore, most have said that they have had enough. These concession should be an embarrassment to any Union official.

I can guarantee you that the effort that was put in after the first concession will not happen again. YRCW has taken food off our table and has crushed the moral of many good men. YRCW has become the laughing stock of the LTL industry. If these losers couldn't make any money while we were busting our ass trying to save this company, wait till they get a load of us now.

good post northern flash

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not going to disgrace the strong teamsters who got me all these things through years of fighting for it. I will not be one to just give it all back because the company is threatening us like we are little children. I say we are TEAMSTERS and we aint givin a god dam thing that aint gonna actually have them start recordingnice profits. They are going to POOR MOUTH us to death from here on out. And anything that gets gave back, we need a contract saying it snaps back in a year!!!! If it dont help in a year, then just give us OUR MONEY back. Then maybe Madame Zollars might break out his personal stash of cash he has in his office, and bail us out! Beings how he is the one who ruined this for all of us!!! I wonder if he giggles about what he did, and how he got away with ruining the work lives of 40,000 people.

So, in case I wasnt clear my vote is:[B]NO[/B]

Also, We need to check and see if ballots that are not turned in are counted as YES votes??? I have heard unly rumors of that, but it could make the difference,
That is NOT accurate Bro. Someone else just asked the same thing.

correct answer.....
If you don't send in a ballot.....it is NOT a yes vote. It don't count for either side.Only ballots that are received are counted.

Maybe these concessions are necessary for the company to survive and the lenders to keep lending YRC money. My biggest problem with this package is how vague it is. I also wonder if the first two rounds didn't fix the problem, what makes anyone think this will? I didn't have that much time with the company, so being low in seniority made the job suck. The only reason I didn't quit was the promise of a good pension, good benefits, and good money. You take that away and there's really no reason to come back only to be at the bottom of the board and waiting for a two hour work call all the time.

Lots of people talk the talk, but I wonder how many really walk the walk. When the ballot comes in the mail, when it really comes down to it, how many spineless people will look around to make sure nobody sees them put an X in the YES box. (I'm just sayin'). I never voted for any of this ever. There is no way in the world I would for this. I have to sleep at night. I'm not in the same boat as many though. I have a lot of experience in trucking. Not just freight. For many, that's all they know. Still, I'm a good poker player, and I bet they won't close on a NO vote. They're in too deep now. I say call their bluff. I'm all in, show me the cards. I'll sleep well voting NO.

Lots of people talk the talk, but I wonder how many really walk the walk. When the ballot comes in the mail, when it really comes down to it, how many spineless people will look around to make sure nobody sees them put an X in the YES box.
Many of us have a system to check to verify who voted yes or no, with proof. We bring our ballots in to work, check the box with a witness and have the witness seal it. Many of us that trust each other actually put the other guys ballot into the mail box by our terminal. I'm sure that this isn't recommended by the officials, but we don't B.S. each other. We do have the B.S.ers that talk tough, but hide their ballots. But that is their right.

Many of us have a system to check to verify who voted yes or no, with proof. We bring our ballots in to work, check the box with a witness and have the witness seal it. Many of us that trust each other actually put the other guys ballot into the mail box by our terminal. I'm sure that this isn't recommended by the officials, but we don't B.S. each other. We do have the B.S.ers that talk tough, but hide their ballots. But that is their right.
HAHAHAHAHA I voted no and I can prove it !...morons

the burden isnt on us.i dont know of anyone i work with.that has let themselves geinto million dollars into debt.but the company has paid off alot of debt this year.and thats with our current agreement.

I've been laid off since Jan. 09. If your over 55 yrs. old and vote no you might be voting yourself into a living hell if you have a lot of debt.

So if we vote no, we might be cast into a lake of ever burning fire to suffer for eternity. I didn't think of it that way. Still voting NO! Guess I do not have to worrry, since I am only 53 years and 11 months old.

So if we vote no, we might be cast into a lake of ever burning fire to suffer for eternity. I didn't think of it that way. Still voting NO! Guess I do not have to worrry, since I am only 53 years and 11 months old.
I'm 52, not scared like some here are, will be voting a big fat "NO!!!" I would like to use the ballot as tp first but that wouldn't get counted.

You all should be thinking about your kids health insurance and a weekly pay check that you get every week i know my pay check hasnt bounced with over 2000 fed ex people loosing there jobs because of almost the same thing that yrc is going through and in some states where chrysler is closing plants like here in wisconsin and other businesses that are closing or shutting down where are all you no voters think your going to find a job where what state tell me im a p&d driver i see a lot of bussinesses closing laying off down sizing there wiil be very few jobs available if you loose your job here and if your one of the lucky one youll never get the pay your at now even with the minus 15% and health ins trust me im not happy either i think it totally sucks been here a lot of years been through a lot but i still get a paycheck and have desent health ins and am able to pay my bills with a no vote i wont have none of that so when you get your ballot in front of you ask yourself where will i work and will it be better than what im doing now we've been going through this for the last 5 yrs and were still here and the company is getting better