Let's SUE Somebody

FLOUNDER

Always LAST
Credits
Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma , who purchased new 32-foot
Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mphand calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway,
crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down?

$1,750,000 PLUS a new
motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a
result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any
relatives who might also buy a motor home.

We are a stupid bunch in OK, thats why a jury even entertained and award, after all she was driving....this has to be BS, if not, its why I don't claim OK.

what can i say..???

it's people like this, that make the tree population dwindle, and the owner's manuals of many products so big and heavy, that we need to sue the companies for giving us hernia's....

Mrs. Merv Grazinski, of
Oklahoma City , Oklahoma , who purchased new 32-foot
Winnebago motor home. On her first trip home, from an OU football game, having driven on to the freeway, she set the cruise control at 70 mphand calmly left the driver's seat to go to the back of the Winnebago to make herself a sandwich. Not surprisingly, the motor home left the freeway,
crashed and overturned. Also not surprisingly, Mrs. Grazinski sued Winnebago for not putting in the owner's manual that she couldn't actually leave the driver's seat while the cruise control was set. The Oklahoma jury awarded her, are you sitting down?

$1,750,000 PLUS a new
motor home. Winnebago actually changed their manuals as a
result of this suit, just in case Mrs. Grazinski has any
relatives who might also buy a motor home.

Only if it was true

snopes.com: Stella Awards

"Heard" a similar "story" about a retired man in floriDUH some years gone. He did the same thing on I-75 and drifted off into the woods. Don't recall if he was "awarded" anything. :smiley_emoticons_sp