ABF | Letter From Ernie

nightowl

TB Veteran
PREMIUM
Credits
Look likes it’s on....
MEVl4zP.jpg

Hey Ernie , You say you left nothing on the table. it’s very unfortunate that you consider me being tossed out of my pension “nothing”. Thank you for nothing from a 19 year Philadelphia Teamster.
MEVl4zP.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Again there will be no strike. ABF made the mistake of telling some of their customers just that! That's why so many are still shipping with us. Sure some got scared but I have had 3 major accounts tell me? don't worry no strike. Threats for their own position. There is most definitely a better offer and there was one last time. Will you be bullied?

Did he say, "Accept the rate, or we're gonna lock the gate!"?....pretty much what I heard. Careful what you wish for.
At this point the only way to find out is to vote “No” and call his bluff. If that’s indeed what it is. That’s one hell of a price to pay if he’s not bluffing.

Hey Ernie , You say you left nothing on the table. it’s very unfortunate that you consider me being tossed out of my pension “nothing”. Thank you for nothing from a 19 year Philadelphia Teamster.
MEVl4zP.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Did he say, "Accept the rate, or we're gonna lock the gate!"?....pretty much what I heard. Careful what you wish for.
Read it carefully...constitutes an authorization of a strike vote does not mean you are on strike...it means we have the right to strike but it'll never get there. He want's you to believe that...deception. There will not be a strike and there will be a better offer if you vote no. Think about it both the International and ABF both said we are only talking about 200-250 Teamsters in N.E. being affected immediately but why would they be insistent on screwing on such a small number of Teamsters for such a meager savings? Truly it boggles my mind! Why give the no's a rallying cry when this contract could have been won in ABF's favor. At the very least even if the International/ABF should win this you have 250 very angry Teamsters representing ABF New England. Why would the International do this? No doubt something much bigger in play here. Something smells very bad!

Read it carefully...constitutes an authorization of a strike vote does not mean you are on strike...it means we have the right to strike but it'll never get there. He want's you to believe that...deception. There will not be a strike and there will be a better offer if you vote no. Think about it both the International and ABF both said we are only talking about 200-250 Teamsters in N.E. being affected immediately but why would they be insistent on screwing on such a small number of Teamsters for such a meager savings? Truly it boggles my mind! Why give the no's a rallying cry when this contract could have been won in ABF's favor. At the very least even if the International/ABF should win this you have 250 very angry Teamsters representing ABF New England. Why would the International do this? No doubt something much bigger in play here. Something smells very bad![/QUOTE]
You need to read #4 of Ernies letter again

Read it carefully...constitutes an authorization of a strike vote does not mean you are on strike...it means we have the right to strike but it'll never get there. He want's you to believe that...deception. There will not be a strike and there will be a better offer if you vote no. Think about it both the International and ABF both said we are only talking about 200-250 Teamsters in N.E. being affected immediately but why would they be insistent on screwing on such a small number of Teamsters for such a meager savings? Truly it boggles my mind! Why give the no's a rallying cry when this contract could have been won in ABF's favor. At the very least even if the International/ABF should win this you have 250 very angry Teamsters representing ABF New England. Why would the International do this? No doubt something much bigger in play here. Something smells very bad!
You need to read #4 of Ernies letter again[/QUOTE]
It sounds more like a threat then an explanation....

We are truckdrivers and they count on our ignorance of which we all one time or another are guilty of.
I understand the letter. Like I said!!! If you think he’s bluffing just call him. Pretty simple stuff. It’s a game I’ve played many times over the years.

You need to read #4 of Ernies letter again[/QUOTE]
I stick with deception, they know now that the vote is in doubt and threats have been their M.O. for both ABF and UPS and they told New Penn vote yes or good bye and unfortunatley the most profitable union carrier in history fell for it. ABF will not throw away a company worth how many millions to save 10 mil? 20 mil?

Listen :censored: go back to the scab board. Your opinion means shot to me.
I will leave but not because you are telling me to. I don’t want to turn this thread into an argumentative thread that your typical troll does. I wasn’t even talking to you. I was responding to TurnCoat and Chowda who was challenging Ernie’s letter. It was a simple comment that offered Chowda a suggestion. This forum is open to everyone and not just ABF employees. When I decide I’m ready to rumble I know the thread to go to. Many on here are just TOXIC and find no other pleasure than to attack posters they don’t agree with. Condescending remarks serves no constructive purpose especially when their comment wasn’t even offensive in nature. It’s a complete turn-off to some new members. It’s not only hurts views but it also runs posters off which affects Jeff’s site in a negative way. I’m done now so I will return to scab-land.

Last edited:
The biggest problem I see is if you vote no you get these same :censored: wipes negotiating for you again. I remember a time when the Teamsters looked out for my best interests and not the company's. Best of luck to you abf'ers. :1036316054:

Last edited:
At this point the only way to find out is to vote “No” and call his bluff. If that’s indeed what it is. That’s one hell of a price to pay if he’s not bluffing.
This coming from someone with no courage or integrity. You never had the balls to push back your whole lower level driving career.