ABF | Letter of Protest to change of operations

Have to see what the COO calls for. I don't see a high ranking 042 man coming to 184 and bumping us out of a $20,000 pay cut city job.
I have see it happen .
Have also seen the local at the gaining location lie about the work so no one would move in and bump the locals out of their gravy.

Have also seen the local at the gaining location lie about the work so no one would move in and bump the locals out of their gravy.
And those are the types of things that are and can be addressed at the COO meeting. It would be hard to deny an increase of work when they're converting an 042 road job to a 184 UE job.

And those are the types of things that are and can be addressed at the COO meeting. It would be hard to deny an increase of work when they're converting an 042 road job to a 184 UE job.
Maybe I was not clear but that is what happened at the COO meeting. The local in question was Local #2 on a change into Butte MT.
Moving somebody in that will upset the good old boys way of doing things. And heaven forbid the men following their work with more seniority.

Maybe I was not clear but that is what happened at the COO meeting. The local in question was Local #2 on a change into Butte MT.
Moving somebody in that will upset the good old boys way of doing things. And heaven forbid the men following their work with more seniority.
OK, and how did that pan out at the COO meeting? Did they succeed in keeping the guy out? Nothing like causing hard feelings right off the bat.

OK, and how did that pan out at the COO meeting? Did they succeed in keeping the guy out? Nothing like causing hard feelings right off the bat.
The work of at least 8 men was reduced to ONE.
At least the man that moved had more seniority than any of the good old boy's. They tried to fire him a few times because he worked by the contract. He shoved a lot of ::shit:: down the good old boys throat and the company's.
Funny thing the company said that 2 trailers would come in from the rail each day.The first day their were 6 and it grew as time went on.

That may be true in your case but it has nothing to do with this change. We already have two ue drivers now they want to add another one to do the same job that we currently do. A person absolutely has the chance to follow his work,if it was his work. This is not being done to benefit the driver in any way it will be a substantial hit in the pocket from mileage to hourly....

I understand what your saying.
I always believed that a man had the right to follow his work.
I also always saw the company adjust their numbers to move as few as possible.
i never have trusted what a company said and now I question what SOME locals say and do also.
Good Luck

We are getting a ue that was a road bid. We believe that road bid was a 5 night bid. Is the ue going to be 5 nights or 4 nights likes our two other ue bids ? We are also told that this change will happen before April, the person who will transfer will be able to bid right in and take what he wants in his seniority slot which is going to ruffle some feathers, being the barn was under the impression that he had to hold the ue bid for one year. We've been told that it's a done deal, so move along now-nothing to see here.
Now that is a interesting proposal. Normally the transferring party is protected for a year. But again if your Local was trying real hard they would have already come down to the terminal and ASK the BROTHERS what they wanted. Lets say that the majority wants the change as written, How would the Local know unless they come down and ask every MAN! GO no disrespect for a Local that was really trying. I'm calling BULLSHIT on this PROTEST. If they haven't ask all the Brothers then they are worse than just blowing smoke.

Have to see what the COO calls for. I don't see a high ranking 042 man coming to 184 and bumping us out of a $20,000 pay cut city job.
Has there been a 042 UE bid at your terminal since it started?

Last edited:
That may be true in your case but it has nothing to do with this change. We already have two ue drivers now they want to add another one to do the same job that we currently do. A person absolutely has the chance to follow his work,if it was his work. This is not being done to benefit the driver in any way it will be a substantial hit in the pocket from mileage to hourly....
GO if it is a run that was around since the beginning you would be incorrect.. I have a UE driver in my terminal that makes over 85,000.00 a year on a four day bid. Off Friday morning, Saturday, Sunday and comes back to work at 18:00 Monday night. And by the way he gets off Friday morning at 8:00 am. Now if anyone can show me a Road Driver that makes that kind of money and gets that much time at home PLEASE POST IT!

GO if it is a run that was around since the beginning you would be incorrect.. I have a UE driver in my terminal that makes over 85,000.00 a year on a four day bid. Off Friday morning, Saturday, Sunday and comes back to work at 18:00 Monday night. And by the way he gets off Friday morning at 8:00 am. Now if anyone can show me a Road Driver that makes that kind of money and gets that much time at home PLEASE POST IT!
The one bid goes newberg ny & then to Orange conn. That one pays because of the mileage & is grandfathered in under the old ue. The other is only a 232 mile round trip run where he worked the dock in Carlisle for a few hours & heads back. This pays a $1.00 per hour but only a 40 hour week that ends Friday at 7:30am back Monday 9:00pm. This is the other run they want to add.

Tex Cobb. Wasn't afraid of no boxer. RIP
Whos Tex Cobb This is Ben Dover here comes the company again,So bendover cause here comes the company again and they have something most of us won't LIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!! And probably won't work. If the same piece of crap that keeps coming to our terminal gets the bid he will not be welcome. Keeps telling stories that not are true. He's a HICK PIECE OF CRAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
The one bid goes newberg ny & then to Orange conn. That one pays because of the mileage & is grandfathered in under the old ue. The other is only a 232 mile round trip run where he worked the dock in Carlisle for a few hours & heads back. This pays a $1.00 per hour but only a 40 hour week that ends Friday at 7:30am back Monday 9:00pm. This is the other run they want to add.
Your wrong go40 they are both hourly.Once Mud left he had the grandfathering,that is gone!!!!!!!

In the meantime....... I guess we'll just twiddle our thumbs here until the COO committee deigns to bother to send us a copy. Kinda hard to protest,....or approve,....something you don't "officially" have. That March 20th implementation wish date is coming awful fast.........
I will get back to you have preliminary language. Will send a picture of it. May need your help again ABFER

Has there been a 042 UE bid at your terminal since it started?
Yes there has been a 042 UE bid at our terminal since it started. What they are saying is that they will still to 184 out of 042 with road driver as they see fit WTF have THEY LOST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!