Lichtenwald Resigns All Offices

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
http://www.tdu.org/lichtenwald_resigns_all_offices

Pv42SlO.jpg

Bill Lichtenwald, FORMER Teamster Local 20 President, Toledo, Ohio

BykF46e.jpg

Don't go away mad Bill! You will have more time to vacation with me now!

:busted:

"A watchdog group for the union, which has 1.3 million members nationwide, said it believes the Local 20 president was forced out because of the independent investigation. But Mr. Lichtenwald, 62, said he is leaving for pragmatic reasons because retiring now affords him several years with a full pension. After that, he and 273,000 Teamster pensioners likely will face a serious loss of benefits if a union pension fund goes broke as expected."

The gull of so many of these Teamster officials like this piece of crap have. Notice how he neglects to mention anything about all those other pensions that he will be receiving. All those years thinking he was above and better than the members and now he wants others to actually believe that he will be suffering right along with his Brothers and Sisters. For the money he will be receiving from the CSPF won't even be worth the trip to the mailbox compared to all that money that he will be getting for all those other pensions. This reporter should some more time researching before he prints a story so everyone gets the whole picture. Who knows, that was probably intentional to leave that part out because the whole article just dictates Lichtenwald's point of view.

"After one of the review board’s three members said he would not pursue internal union charges against Mr. Lichtenwald if the Local 20 leader cooperated with investigators, the international union learned the panel still intended to charge Mr. Lichtenwald with several violations. If convicted, the penalties could affect his benefits."

That's the problem in America today, the government doesn't aggressively pursue charges for white collar crime and even when they do, all they get is a slap on the hand in most cases. That's why these atrocities committed against the American workers occur and will continue to do so.

“When the government turned down the pension plan, I knew it was time to retire,” Mr. Lichtenwald told The Blade."

You're darn right there because he now knows there will be a thorough investigation into the matter since the members wouldn't just voluntarily accept getting screwed by accepting the cuts, well, most members anyway.

In my opinion, he should be tarred and feathered and drummed right out of the union and denied any and all benefits! Then again, maybe I shouldn't be so cold hearted and let him keep 40% of the CSPF. After all, he was trying to convince others to accept the cuts so he should be thrilled about getting to keep that.

"The inquiry, the findings of which were released in September, was conducted by the Independent Review Board in Washington, a three-person panel set up in 1992 under a consent decree between the national Teamsters union and the government with the goal of investigating corruption within the union. The investigation accused Mr. Lichtenwald and two other Teamsters officials of spending funds without approval, and using funds for lavish parties and conferences."

hoffalichtenwald_thumb.jpg

This would of never even come to light if the government didn't continue to be involved in the internal affairs of the Teamsters Union until it was completely phased out over a five-year transition period which ends in 2020 because Hoffa Jr sure wouldn't of been investigating his personal friend.

This isn't on topic but. Ballot returns so far for Teamster general election are behind the last election cycle. If you want your voice heard vote!!!

Well thats just great,every one that doesn't vote is actually keeping Hoffa & Hall in office.
What is it that the none voters get?

Well thats just great,every one that doesn't vote is actually keeping Hoffa & Hall in office.
What is it that the none voters get?
I think it goes a little differently than that, particularly in this election. One thing we always hear when people don't vote is that thought that those who didn't vote would have voted a certain way, that is not the case. Those who don't vote probably would vote in the same percentages as those who do. Now, in this election things are different. Most of the freight and construction workers vote and you can bet that carhaul is voting heavy right now too. UPS votes about 52% and school districts and others are like 25% or less. Those smaller shops have little to no contact with Hoffa and no knowledge as to what he is about. Most of them won't be voting and that is a good thing. See, when voters don't know they vote status quo, not for change, let them not vote. Those of us with national contracts know what Hoffa is and it is not good. So, what I'm saying is that lower turnout is bad for Hoffa in this election. Let us pray that 10% of the membership votes his worthless ass out.

"A watchdog group for the union, which has 1.3 million members nationwide, said it believes the Local 20 president was forced out because of the independent investigation. But Mr. Lichtenwald, 62, said he is leaving for pragmatic reasons because retiring now affords him several years with a full pension. After that, he and 273,000 Teamster pensioners likely will face a serious loss of benefits if a union pension fund goes broke as expected."

The gull of so many of these Teamster officials like this piece of crap have. Notice how he neglects to mention anything about all those other pensions that he will be receiving. All those years thinking he was above and better than the members and now he wants others to actually believe that he will be suffering right along with his Brothers and Sisters. For the money he will be receiving from the CSPF won't even be worth the trip to the mailbox compared to all that money that he will be getting for all those other pensions. This reporter should some more time researching before he prints a story so everyone gets the whole picture. Who knows, that was probably intentional to leave that part out because the whole article just dictates Lichtenwald's point of view.

"After one of the review board’s three members said he would not pursue internal union charges against Mr. Lichtenwald if the Local 20 leader cooperated with investigators, the international union learned the panel still intended to charge Mr. Lichtenwald with several violations. If convicted, the penalties could affect his benefits."

That's the problem in America today, the government doesn't aggressively pursue charges for white collar crime and even when they do, all they get is a slap on the hand in most cases. That's why these atrocities committed against the American workers occur and will continue to do so.

“When the government turned down the pension plan, I knew it was time to retire,” Mr. Lichtenwald told The Blade."

You're darn right there because he now knows there will be a thorough investigation into the matter since the members wouldn't just voluntarily accept getting screwed by accepting the cuts, well, most members anyway.

In my opinion, he should be tarred and feathered and drummed right out of the union and denied any and all benefits! Then again, maybe I shouldn't be so cold hearted and let him keep 40% of the CSPF. After all, he was trying to convince others to accept the cuts so he should be thrilled about getting to keep that.
You said "members won't voluntarily accept getting screwed". Unfortunately for all of us, you are wrong. Most of the members have no idea what is happening or even care. They still believe the propaganda coming from Hoffa, Nyhan and their cronies still under their control at the Local level. Every election since 1991 has had a turnout no greater than 30%. Now Hoffa is in again for another 5 years in spite of the members being screwed by the Nyhan and Hoffa (working together) ever since 1998 for Hoffa and 2001 for Nyhan. Over half of those that even bother to vote keep putting crooks back in charge. I am speechless, pissed off and disappointed of the stupidity, apathy and laziness of those members that were too ignorant to even vote in the 2016 General Election. Every 5 years we are given the chance to vote in a secret ballot to rid our union of the dead weight and corruption and every time we blow it. Hoffa knows it and must be both amazed and pleased at the ignorance of the voting membership. We, the members, were given the right to a secret ballot vote in 1991, but still the majority of the members are too afraid or too stupid to exercise that right. Hoffa truly loves all those that do not vote. The gravy train continues on.

What the heck is wrong with union members that they re-elected Hoffa jr.& Hall who were openly involved in corruption with the bleeding of our pension fund?
Being retired & inactive I couldn't vote,however if I could it wouldn't have been for those two.
I have been informed of my pension being cut by 31% & see in the news where Teamsters officials are being caught dipping into the fund.
Its just a crying shame that the corruption is on going & now that the election is over,these 2 will probably help themselves to more of our hard earned pension money.

So life goes on the rich get richer,however in the end we will all get whats coming to us.