Lies?

littlemiss

TB Lurker
Credits
So, I spent the last five months on the picket line.But since we have gone back in I keep hearing that we were all told just a bunch of lies. A few things I heard did turn out to not be true. But then again, you could always chalk it up to rumors since it never officially came out of the unions "mouth".
One thing I heard was that the teamsters only submitted a return to work, to just go on strike again....
We are on the companys medical plan.....
Certain people were never promoted or demoted......
the list goes on.
Both sides are saying the other is lying, but I have a hard time believing the teamsters are lying to us.....
Anyone know anything about the above mentioned things?
:duh:

I think both sides have lied here and there, but for different reasons. The Union couldn't confirm certain things, and other things needed to be kept secret for the element of surprise. However, the company has lied about many things (hello?? they still say they never commited ULP's but they sent us this huge book a month before the strike of all of the things they were guilty of to try and 'denounce' the ULP's).

Certain PEOPLE within the company have flat out lied about things and have been caught red-handed. Why trust them now??

No one is perfect, but if I had to choose between who I trusted the most, it would be the Union - hands down.

My advice is to try and ignore everything for a while and just work for 8 hours, then clock out and go home. Things aren't going to be normal again for a while.

I think both sides have lied here and there, but for different reasons. The Union couldn't confirm certain things, and other things needed to be kept secret for the element of surprise. However, the company has lied about many things (hello?? they still say they never commited ULP's but they sent us this huge book a month before the strike of all of the things they were guilty of to try and 'denounce' the ULP's).

Certain PEOPLE within the company have flat out lied about things and have been caught red-handed. Why trust them now??

No one is perfect, but if I had to choose between who I trusted the most, it would be the Union - hands down.

My advice is to try and ignore everything for a while and just work for 8 hours, then clock out and go home. Things aren't going to be normal again for a while.

I agree, when it comes down to who to trust....it would be the union. But I guess I just want this all done and settled. I'm just worried what happens if they have more problems settling this contract

You have 1 guy who crossed the line trying to cause more problems. The company says that the trust will not take us back but our BA has faxed letters from the trust stating that all OHFL has to do is pay in. Who is lying? ed & dave need to fix what they have broken. Some of the customers are coming back but if this goes into another strike they will lose them forever.

You have 1 guy who crossed the line trying to cause more problems. The company says that the trust will not take us back but our BA has faxed letters from the trust stating that all OHFL has to do is pay in. Who is lying? ed & dave need to fix what they have broken. Some of the customers are coming back but if this goes into another strike they will lose them forever.

Not trying to start nothing .... but if you guys go on strike again I cant see ya'll keeping customers thru another strike , I think it would be the last nail in there wooden shoes .

But what ever you guys do I am 100 % behind ya

who is in question being demoted or promoted? The main one I know about is Bill H., and he was demoted, and only worked 2 days after the strike was over, now he's a salesman for Reddaway.

I should be getting laid off on Monday, and I dont think I will go back if I have the chance. Good Luck to everybody!

So, I spent the last five months on the picket line.But since we have gone back in I keep hearing that we were all told just a bunch of lies. A few things I heard did turn out to not be true. But then again, you could always chalk it up to rumors since it never officially came out of the unions "mouth".
One thing I heard was that the teamsters only submitted a return to work, to just go on strike again....
We are on the companys medical plan.....
Certain people were never promoted or demoted......
the list goes on.
Both sides are saying the other is lying, but I have a hard time believing the teamsters are lying to us.....
Anyone know anything about the above mentioned things?
:duh:
The union is not done fighting to keep our medical and pension. You stood out there for 5 months don't give up yet.