TForce | Life at ATL terminal

youngingo

TB Lurker
Credits
OTR driver here with 2 years exp. Looking to go LTL local and was looking at UPSF or FXF. Both seem to be hiring right now... could not find much info about the ATL terminal on moreland. Only like two threads and had negative reviews. How's like for a new Road Driver at this terminal? How much would I expect to make? I've seen the pay progression and seems pretty bad for the first few years. I've been grossing around 50k annually so I guess I would be fine if it's near that for the first few years. Would I be doing long runs and staying at hotels like some other LTL companies or do I actually go home everyday?

OTR driver here with 2 years exp. Looking to go LTL local and was looking at UPSF or FXF. Both seem to be hiring right now... could not find much info about the ATL terminal on moreland. Only like two threads and had negative reviews. How's like for a new Road Driver at this terminal? How much would I expect to make? I've seen the pay progression and seems pretty bad for the first few years. I've been grossing around 50k annually so I guess I would be fine if it's near that for the first few years. Would I be doing long runs and staying at hotels like some other LTL companies or do I actually go home everyday?
Good morning. I’m going to be straight with you. You do better going to FXF. You have a better chance of being a road driver and not being force to work the dock cause of CONTRACTORS or your UNION BROTHER starving you cause that’s what there going to do. Don’t get me wrong it’s good pay and benefits are pretty good and you have the option to purchase UPS stock and a decent 401k with index funds but other than that I’ll save you the trouble and we are in contract negotiations at the moment and it’s not looking to good.

Only go UPSF for the benefits and pension. If those don't matter to you, don't waste your time. You'll probably make around 50-60k the first year if you work consistently. Youll rarely get to stay in hotels. You also might get stuck on a team run until you get some seniority. If you have a tight budget, don't want to sleep in a moving truck and dislike dock work, don't go UPSF. If you want to be union, get a pension and are willing to out up with some BS for 5 years, go UPSF