SAIA | Life out west with SAIA

Highway

TB Lurker
Credits
Thinking of moving to Denver, hopefully being able to transfer with Linehaul. What's it like out there? Drivers getting any miles? Runs available?

a guy transferred there from my terminal a couple years ago. he went from a shuttle run here, to a near 600 mile daytime run there.

Right now linehaul is overfilled.We just lost a daytime North Platte and had a guy transfer in from Oregon.Freight is slow for this time of the year.Quit a few runs being cancelled.Do you mind throwing chains?If you have less than 5 years you will probally end up on Grand Junction chaining 4 times a night seeing snow 7 months a year.Useually once or twice a week you can get by without it.These single axels are crap in the snow.
Demo,Joesph transferred to Houston a couple months ago.I talked to him alot but never could figure out what he was saying.

Demo,Joesph transferred to Houston a couple months ago.I talked to him alot but never could figure out what he was saying.
Izzat the guy that sounds like he's from eastern Europe? He was in DLS a week or so ago. He said he transferred because of the weather. We have a guy in DLS that transferred for the same reason.

What is the top rate of pay for a city driver at Saia ? Does it vary by region? And how long does it take to attain top rate? Thanks

Izzat the guy that sounds like he's from eastern Europe?
Thats him.Come to think of it,we've lost a few to Dallas over the years.The weather isnt that bad hear its just that the taxes suck and most of the people have been converted to marxism.As for the pay,I think its 20 or 21 an hour.Maybe a little more in Cali and Chi.

coyote, don't feel bad we couldn't understand him either. we had alot of fun messing with him while he was here. some people bar hop, he's terminal hopping. hst will make his 4 terminal.

got a little bit more then five years in. Also have a girlfriend in Aurora, so prolly coming that way anyways, just don't know if it will be with Saia.
How many years did the guy from GVL have in to be able to get a run like that? Really don't know if I'd want much over 400 a night anyway, getting too old to run that hard.

Wow, was it a bad run or are the L/H drivers out there fairly new? I figured you would have to have 15-20 years in at a breakbulk for a run like that.

Another Q for the Denver guys....Did O'Rielys open up a distribution center up there? I was talking to a fellow at a Checkers that was turning into an O'Rielys and he had mentioned something about that. Didn't know if that was something worth looking into.

Just got back from there a week ago, thinking about flying back up Labor Day weekend. Need to do some more poking around I guess.